is cross-processing in SLR cam similar to what digicam's circular polarizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverxc

Jan 12, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
hi experts all there..

is the SLR cams method and results of using "cross processing" the same as what digicam uses circular polarizer for?

hope to get the ans here thanks

Definitely not, cos film SLR also can put on circular polariser what. If it's the same, then why bother with cross-processing?

In digital, the effect of cross-process can be imitated by adjust the contrast and the individual colour channels in Photoshop. However, the effects of cross-processing can be quite unpredictable on film, so it's really hard to imitate or even define how exactly a cross-processed picture should look like.

ohh ok.. cause my fren told me ..
in SLR cross processsing, green turns greener, red turn redder... saw his pic , very nice color turn out.. saturated..

den i read abt circular polariser, same effects
so i thgt its the same :)

silverxc said:
ohh ok.. cause my fren told me ..
in SLR cross processsing, green turns greener, red turn redder... saw his pic , very nice color turn out.. saturated..

den i read abt circular polariser, same effects
so i thgt its the same :)

Hi,

Cross processing is processing slide film in C41 negative developer and vise versa. For example when processing most slide film in C41 neg chemistry you wind up with really funky pastel colours though as has been noted earlier you can get unpredictable results.

From the look of your 2nd post I'd suggest your friend is either using an intensifier filter (didiyum etc) or a polarizer.

Cross processing it definately isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.