is country of manufacture important to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
example

Assembled in Philipines (Parts from Japan) vs Made in Japan (Parts from China).

since i dont see people complaining their crumpler not made in australia or lowepro made in china among other things. I guess the stigma of Made in China no longer a deterrent factor in buying high cost items. :think:

Nope. Not a deterance for me.

There are so many made in china / parts from china.
As long as it is a reputable company with QC, I would not be too picky.

But not for some ... S chips .. :bsmilie: OT ..

Ryan

I don't care where the item is manufactured, as long as I'm assured that it's authentic, I'm fine with it. For example I buy Nikon camera, and I see that it's made in country "x", it will not bother me because I know that Nikon is making sure that whatever rolls out of their factory has the high quality of a Nikon camera, regardless of where it is made. :)

example

Assembled in Philipines (Parts from Japan) vs Made in Japan (Parts from China).

since i dont see people complaining their crumpler not made in australia or lowepro made in china among other things. I guess the stigma of Made in China no longer a deterrent factor in buying high cost items. :think:

for me personally, it matters... cos the culture of the people assembling or making the product is different... i been into a manufacturing line in japan, china, malaysia and thailand... no country beats the japanese culture... their ppl is so involved in their company product that they have so much pride that no good parts will never be place into the manufacturing line... if we using it for 3 years, doesnt really matters, but when it comes to a product with a longer lifespan, it really does make an impact.. but this is just me...

I hate the "Designed in California".

:bsmilie:

people feel good by just looking at the 'made in Japan' stamp. im one of them.

Different country, different factory condition, different quality. However even if they put made in Japan, chances are the parts are made in China and assembled in Japan or vice versa. For camera maybe only the lens glass is produced in Japan. The rest of the electronic parts sure got made in China one.

Last edited:
I try to not let it bother me.

:bsmilie:

people feel good by just looking at the 'made in Japan' stamp. im one of them.
hahaha...i got heard several people who actually have cut away the Made in China label from their crumplers or look for those that can sew on the Made in Australia label.

I guess if you are not born in US or Europe you are not a good photographer

Many times, no choice. :sweat:

i had a lens assembled in phillipines, to make sure that it was made in japan,

i sent it to japan, had it disassembled, and reassembled and they gave me a receipt saying "assembled in japan"

i am now a happy customer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i feel happier that there is chance that a chio japanese girl technician had assembled my lens for me.. :)

japanese girl technican? alamak spoil my imagination of a panel of grey haired old men who will nitpick on the lens returned and only approve of the repair done if all agree.

japanese girl technican? alamak spoil my imagination of a panel of grey haired old men who will nitpick on the lens returned and only approve of the repair done if all agree.

i asked them for the picture of the kind technician who reassembled my lens for me..

after i got it, i am now trying to find a way to work in japan camera lens place..

Even i-phone are assembled by cute China girl. :bsmilie:

the trend that all companies are following is "Make by XXX"... no more Made in xxx

eg.
Made by Nokia
Made by Samsung

All Nikon lenses are written Lens make in Japan,

i.e, only the glass elements are make in Japan........i still buy, until now i don't see anything different....

the trend that all companies are following is "Make by XXX"... no more Made in xxx

eg.
Made by Nokia
Made by Samsung

Samsung phone Made by Nokia :think:
Nokia phone Made by Samsung :think:

eg.
Made by Nokia
Made by Samsung

noticed this too recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.