is ckiang busy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So got anything out of it? Do enlighten us?
;)

Originally posted by Sin
So got anything out of it? Do enlighten us?
;)

1. Use Manual Mode. Meter off the back of your hand. Most Asian skin is close to 18% gray. (he claims his is)

2. Exhaust all possible angles. Many people just shoot and go, and did not exhaust all the possible angles to shoot a subject.

3. Shoot first, ask later. If subject protest, run.

4. Always have the camera ready.

5. Keep on shooting, even in the rain. Some of the best pictures are made in inclement weather. To quote him "If I have to waste a camera body to get the shot I want, I will. That's what backup bodies are for".

Some others are what we probably know already, like getting good backgrounds, etc, that kind of thing.

It's really good to see real slides projected on screen again, as opposed to digitally scanned slides pasted onto a powerpoint presentation.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

1. Use Manual Mode. Meter off the back of your hand. Most Asian skin is close to 18% gray. (he claims his is)

Was he tanned? How dark was he? :D

5. Keep on shooting, even in the rain. Some of the best pictures are made in inclement weather. To quote him "If I have to waste a camera body to get the shot I want, I will. That's what backup bodies are for".

errrr....don't think I can afford it like he do....

Originally posted by Sin

Was he tanned? How dark was he? :D

errrr....don't think I can afford it like he do....

He looks quite Asian, very japanese since he is of jap descent. For the record, he earns US$600 a DAY when he's on assignment. So new equipment is easy.

Regards
CK

2. Exhaust all possible angles. Many people just shoot and go, and did not exhaust all the possible angles to shoot a subject.

Wah... his suggestions all very ex one. If using film and exhaust all possible angles, think needs many rolls of film.

Originally posted by ziploc

Wah... his suggestions all very ex one. If using film and exhaust all possible angles, think needs many rolls of film.

Don't forget, his film is free. On his assignments, he shoots 600 rolls per week. Even if you can get $1 per roll slide processing, that's $600!

And he gets US$600 per day when on assignment. Don't we all wish we get this kind of money? ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ziploc

He is speaking from the view of a pro. Of course, we can't compare with him but that doesn't means we can't enjoy photography and live within our means. Look at it this way, he should be facing constant pressure to produce images, deadliones to meet, etc. We don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.