is CCD dead/hot pixel common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
I been reading a lot bout users having such problem. Is it very common thing, even with new camera?

even if there's 1 dead/hot pixel in the CCD, means need to get it fixed or change?

Can anyone advice what's a good way to check for dead/hot/stuck pixels for both the CCD and LCD?

check the 2040 discontinued thread. Jayan posted some gd ways to check for stuck/dead pixels.

Originally posted by TsQ
I been reading a lot bout users having such problem. Is it very common thing, even with new camera?

even if there's 1 dead/hot pixel in the CCD, means need to get it fixed or change?

More often then not...the CCD will not be change when the DC is sent in for servicing. More likely is that the cells that caused the hot pixels will be mapped out and interpolated by the surrounding pixel.

Originally posted by Jayan

More often then not...the CCD will not be change when the DC is sent in for servicing. More likely is that the cells that caused the hot pixels will be mapped out and interpolated by the surrounding pixel.

so say if my camera ccd got 1 dead pixel, i should sent it in service esp the warranty period still applies?

how about LCD dead pixel? Do they fix that too? I recalled the G2 manual saying that dead pixel in LCD is common ,so does this means they are not going to fix that when a couple of dead pixel on LCD?

Originally posted by TsQ

so say if my camera ccd got 1 dead pixel, i should sent it in service esp the warranty period still applies?

how about LCD dead pixel? Do they fix that too? I recalled the G2 manual saying that dead pixel in LCD is common ,so does this means they are not going to fix that when a couple of dead pixel on LCD?

Yes, send it in ASAP...once the warranty expires...it's gonna cost u!!!

As for the LCD, most brand has a certain SOP when replacing the LCD i.e. u must have x dead pixels b4 they'll service it. But if u make enuff noise.........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.