Is Casio Exilim EX-ZR1000 a good camera for self portrait?

Self-portrait in what situation, with what expected quality, etc....

What's good for you may not be for us, it's really only you that can decide if a camera is good enough.

Judging from your post though, stick to your cellphone camera.

As for price, call the shops listed in the priceguide.

Anyone got experience w this camera?

i am curious if you intend to trigger it remotely while it's on a tripod, or while you are holding on to it.

This camera got a special function for self portrait. Once ready .. Just wave and it will snap. A very good camera for self taking photo

Are you talking about the TR1000, self-portrait camera ?

images

When this camera was release, it didn't get a good review in America.

However, in Asia, it is popular for self-portrait. so this camera is marketed as a self-portrait camera.

It have a very wide angle (21mm). Therefore, it is also good for group photo.

I have tried to find one but it seem that everywhere is out of stock.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the TR1000, self-portrait camera ?

images

When this camera was release, it didn't get a good review in America.

However, in Asia, it is popular for self-portrait. so this camera is marketed as a self-portrait camera.

It have a very wide angle (21mm). Therefore, it is also good for group photo.

I have tried to find one but it seem that everywhere is out of stock.
That's because this camera is highly popular with PRC mei meis and any local stock is always snapped up immediately by their boyfriends and sugar daddies who are buying it for them.

Last edited:
That's because this camera is highly popular with PRC mei meis and any local stock is always snapped up immediately by their boyfriends and sugar daddies who are buying it for them.

not too sure if that was a catty comment

not too sure if that was a catty comment
I did not make that up. This was what was told to me by my camera dealer. This camera is actually not popular amongst locals in Singapore but is so popular amongst the ladies in China that it is impossible to find any there. It has risen to the status of designer's goods in desirability and potential buyers have resorted to looking for it overseas.

Last edited:
So far, if u want self portraits, sony has that Smile Shutter option, as well as self-portrait timer mode.

Not to forget Samsung's MV800 too, being a compact with a flip up screen

If TS is really inquiring about the Casio Exlim EX-ZR 1000 and not the TR 1000, I actually do have that camera. It also have a flip-up LCD screen for self portraiture. It is just that it cannot be flipped and placed on the table like a make-up mirror like the TR 1000 which is what the TR 1000 so attractive to the PRC siao mei meis.

sc002.jpg

CasioEX-ZR1000Camera.jpg

I bought the limited edition boxed set which is the black & silver set in the picture above and comes with a light brown coloured leather case specially designed for the camera.

Last edited:
If TS is really inquiring about the Casio Exlim EX-ZR 1000 and not the TR 1000, I actually do have that camera. It also have a flip-up LCD screen for self portraiture. It is just that it cannot be flipped and placed on the table like a make-up mirror like the TR 1000 which is what the TR 1000 so attractive to the PRC siao mei meis.

I bought the limited edition boxed set which is the black & silver set in the picture above and comes with a tan coloured leather case specially designed for the camera.

How much does it cost?

Where to get the limited edition ?