Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
For a simple calculation :
Motorcycle pay $0.65 for 7am to 10.30pm

Lets say a car occupy 5 motorcycle lots, that means right fully for car should be charged at $0.65 X 5 = $3.25 for 7am to 10.30pm.

Currently car owner need to pay $1 per hour and for 7am to 10.30pm which comes to $15.50 (almost 5 times more of what it should be!!)

It is not an issue that car owner should pay more cos they can afford to buy a car.

Any thought of it?

Teo said:

Lets say a car occupy 5 motorcycle lots, that means right fully for car should be charged at $0.65 X 5 = $3.25 for 7am to 10.30pm.

Currently car owner need to pay $1 per hour and for 7am to 10.30pm which comes to $15.50 (almost 5 times more of what it should be!!)

It is not an issue that car owner should pay more cos they can afford to buy a car.

Any thought of it?

If you are willing to buy a car that cost 5 time more in some country why not the parking fees...:bsmilie:

Actually can't do much..this is Singapore you know..:rolleyes:

mai hai wah hor! later if they decide to impose bikes to be $0.2 per hour I will hound you down.

yanyewkay said:
mai hai wah hor! later if they decide to impose bikes to be $0.2 per hour I will hound you down.

hahahaaaa...........if that happen park inside the HDB block lor together with bicycle lot...hahahhahaaha:bsmilie:

Teo said:

Any thought of it?

on top of that, cars need to pay radio license... something motorbike doesn't rite... :bsmilie:

anyway u win some u lose some lah... but i guess in sg, whoever wins... we lose... hehehe...

A Kup kia can travel 50km with one litre of petrol. So u wanna change to a motorbike?

So when motorbike get summon for parking on double yellow line, the fine should be 5 times lesser than a car coz motorbike occupies 1/5 of the road space as compared to a car?

Not oni tis..a friend of mine stay in 6 room flat, he has to pay more for season parking than those who stay in 3/4/5 room flat..but they are all using the same carpark?? not as if, he got his own private lot, or shelter from bird ****/falling leaves?? it doesn't justify to peg the parking rate to housing type..

another case, is progress package - why 3 room flat owners get more than 5 room flat owners??a friend of mine, because he's family size is smaller so they stay in 3 room flat, but his dad run his own business and drives a Benz, he get a bigger package than me..:cry:

its just so unfair!!!

some more motorcycles oni get summons for failure to use parking coupons when park at parking lots..how come they never get summons for illegal parking under void decks???

currently fine for car on double yellow line is $70 (correct me if i'm wrong)
So for bikes should be $14 :thumbsup: I welcome this move :D

blazer_workz said:
some more motorcycles oni get summons for failure to use parking coupons when park at parking lots..how come they never get summons for illegal parking under void decks???

Coz you never see them getting summon.

blazer_workz said:
ARE you so SURE~~???

blazer_workz said:
Never see the lady that gives summon walk over to summon those bikes on void decks first lehz..

Ohh... illegal parking under void deck is not summoned by those "aunties".

It is usually people from the Town Council, Police or Traffic Police whom will summon.

blazer_workz said:
Never see the lady that gives summon walk over to summon those bikes on void decks first lehz..

maybe it's her hubby bike..:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Lmodel said:
Ohh... illegal parking under void deck is not summoned by those "aunties".

It is usually people from the Town Council, Police or Traffic Police whom will summon.

I see..call every town council tonite..

yanyewkay said:
ARE you so SURE~~???

sound like you consider parking there huh...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

soma said:
sound like you consider parking there huh...:bsmilie::bsmilie:

I think if there's no summon, everyone would have parked their bike at the void deck. :bsmilie:

Lmodel said:
I think if there's no summon, everyone would have parked their bike at the void deck. :bsmilie:

Good idea, so they can make use of the bike parking lots for the car so they could make more money.. think this may work..:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Bikes get to park free at a number of shopping malls too....and the best part is when they park in a car lot, depriving a car driver who has to pay, with a bike who doesn't have to pay!

vince123123 said:
Bikes get to park free at a number of shopping malls too....and the best part is when they park in a car lot, depriving a car driver who has to pay, with a bike who doesn't have to pay!

Not true anymore... nowadays, many shopping centres installed the cashcard parking for motorbikes as well.

soma said:
Good idea, so they can make use of the bike parking lots for the car so they could make more money.. think this may work..:bsmilie::bsmilie:

No, they should make a bigger lift so riders can park their bike at home. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.