Is car owner paying more for HDB hourly parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teo said:
Ya some logic......but sometimes no logic such as those no so rich car owner drives more than 10 years car and why they have to pay more for road tax???:dunno:

SG gov dun encourage car owner to drive more than 10 years. Because they can earn more by export out to 3 world country. If you insist to drive after 10 years than every year they charge you 10% more on road tax base on your car engine cc.
Cap is 50% for the road tax. That mean start from 15 to 20 years, road tax is 50% more charge to the road tax.

1600cc road tax is $950
1st to 10th road tax is $950

11th year road tax is $1045
12th year road tax is $1140
15th year road tax is $1425
16th
20th year road tax is $1425

Wai said:
it is also not fair that season parking at MSCP is $90 while open air is $60.

for the same amount of space, MSCP can park 5 times more cars, even offset the cost of building the MSCP, it should be still the same, or cheaper than open air carpark.

somemore, in my estate we have no other choice, in the end i pay $2 for night parking, 1 mth only $60

Agreed! But the overnight parking starts at 10.30pm...
argh I hated MSCP.. small, filthy, good place to get nicks and dinks, expensive and dangerous (theft.. fire..etc).

Bcos Sg gov can benefit more by building more MSCP. In fact all new HDB estate is MSCP.

Advantage of MSCP is have shelter to protect from sun and rain.

Disadvantage is more expensive $90 compare to $65 (Open Carpark) so is $25 more and easily target by theif.

Normally night car park attendant came after midnight around 2am to 5am.

Status
Not open for further replies.