Is Canon EOS 300D good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Sam

Dec 2, 2006
Hi, i am a beginner and like to get a second hand DSLR with my limited $800 budget. And i came across this seller selling his Canon EOS 300D at yahoo auction. It is within my budget but i do not know whether the camera is good or not. Im thinking of getting one which can last me for quite sometime and hope not to get regret after i am getting more advance in the future. Can anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks :)

Thanks versatile.
But the camera u r holding in ur gallery does not look like 300D
Anyway, since u r more professional and saying that it is good, i think i will get it.
Again thanks alot.;)

Thanks versatile.
But the camera u r holding in ur gallery does not look like 300D
Anyway, since u r more professional and saying that it is good, i think i will get it.
Again thanks alot.;)

Oh, that's my 300D with handgrip. I'm not professional enough to say it's good or not. But i felt that it's a good 6MP dSLR with "almost" 10D functions (russian hacks). It's good for starter to get the feel of dSLR..

Oh, that's my 300D with handgrip. I'm not professional enough to say it's good or not. But i felt that it's a good 6MP dSLR with "almost" 10D functions (russian hacks). It's good for starter to get the feel of dSLR..

Wow, it look so diff with the hand grip and so much nicer. Thanks for the information and advise. Actually i am almost decided to get it already just that i hope to get some advise from people who is better and have experience before i pay for it. U r doing me a big favor. Thanks alot. ;)

300D for $800 is too much to pay. you can get a much much better 350D for $900 thereabouts. 8.2mp, and more imptly, DIGIC 2, which has much lower noise than the 300D.

look at the buy and sell forum, 2nd hand 300D is not worth $800, unless bundled with a whole lot of other stuff...

yeah $800 u can get a 350D w/ kit i think. start sourcing now where kynoe just mentioned!

Now actually there is another guy who like to sell his Nikon D50 at $800 to me, comparing with 350D and 300D, which is better?

Now actually there is another guy who like to sell his Nikon D50 at $800 to me, comparing with 350D and 300D, which is better?

Of cos 350D is better. It's a trend.. 300D 350D 400D.. of cos pple tend to get the better ones. I'm not a Nikon fanboy but it's up to you to decide. I believe it's the man behind the cam not the cam itself.. You might wanna check out www.dpreview.com and do a comparison within these system.

i think it'll be fairer to compare the 350D with the D50 since they are about the same age (as in product release till now). I think most ppl here will tell you. It depends on you. It depends on what system you think you want to commit to, and what kind of interface or buttons/functions layout you prefer.

Personally I prefer the D50, because I prefer the interface and layout of Nikon cameras. It just feels more instinctive for me. Your preference might differ. ;p

Cheers.

The 300D is great! When you press the shutter button, the aperture will stop down, the shutter open, the sensor exposed to the scene, then the shutter closed. The image then magically appears on your CF card. I have a 300D and I love it. It does nearly everything I want it to do. It's lovely, but I've been a bit spoilt by using my 30D now. :)

However, one thing, I think that 800 might be a bit too much for a 2nd hand 300D. Of if you are after a new body, have you looked at the nikon D40? the prices are nicer :)

Oh no, now i am very confuss. There is another guy offering me Nikon D70. too many model now and i do not know which to choose. 300D, 350D, D50 and D70. If u all are me, which do u all think should be the best choice?:dunno:

Oh no, now i am very confuss. There is another guy offering me Nikon D70. too many model now and i do not know which to choose. 300D, 350D, D50 and D70. If u all are me, which do u all think should be the best choice?:dunno:

1st of all ...
You like YELLOW or RED

:lovegrin:

I prefer Red but does it matter?:dunno:

Red = Canon
Yellow = Nikon :bsmilie:

But why? i dun get it...:dunno:

Human being are hard to sastify lah! After you get your dSLR, you will blame on the kit lens.. then you'll addicted to BBB virus and buy more lenses...

I got the same problem too... until a pro told me that 'cos of my budget, it's always better to get a 300D and good lens, then to get 350D and kit lens ;)

but anyway, I'm still using my kit and 50mm lens for now.

hmm... gd advise. i think i will consider the one i can affort in the lowest cost and improve on the len in the future after i got better skill and more money. i think 300d for $700 or D70 for $750 will be considered. Thanks for all the advise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.