Is Calibrator an essential? and MAC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanfong

Dec 4, 2007
Hi, I'm considering on getting a screen Calibrator cos my photo shows different result in other PC and I wan to practise accurate PP. But just wan to survey whether is it must have? Do you own one?

Is MAC notebook a good buy for PP and viewing pictures? Cos I find PC lags when viewing back and fro the photos. I heard that MAC run PS very smooth. Is it true?

Hi, I'm considering on getting a screen Calibrator cos my photo shows different result in other PC and I wan to practise accurate PP. But just wan to survey whether is it must have? Do you own one?

Is MAC notebook a good buy for PP and viewing pictures? Cos I find PC lags when viewing back and fro the photos. I heard that MAC run PS very smooth. Is it true?

Not essential for the normal snappers, but for those who want quality and assurance, it's a good idea to have one to ensure you PP it the correct colour and tone.

Can loan one from friends if your frens have one or share cost for one amongst a few frens.

Mac notebooks? Make sure the RAM and processing speed is up to scratch. And do get the correct software too, PS for macs only... dun get the windows version. :bsmilie:

If you care about the colours you get on the screen vs the colour you get on prints, yes, it's essential. I use Pantone (gretag macbeth) huey and Colorvision Spyder. A cheap one like the huey is better than not using one.

PP work on the mac is only as good as the mac you use.. You cannot use a Quad core pc and compare with a PowerPC mac.. That would be unfair right..

If you use both Intel C2D, same processor speed, same RAM, same everything.. The only difference would be the interface allowing you to do work easier..

I don't have a calibrator.. The 2 screens I have (on macbook and a dell) allow me to select the predefined settings and they are (luckily) the same...

Unless you are doing PP for national geographic, den accuracy not (so) important le.

Any computer can run PS smooth. In fact a windows PC will be cheaper to get the same performance as a mac equivalent. However the Mac OS X environment is more conducive and nice to use, in other words, "smoother". However if you say laptops... Macbook Pro. Anything lesser than that you'll end up with a crappy screen, won't make good use of your calibrator. :)

Lots of great information. Tks guys.

U may want to consider the iMac way if mobility is not a issue...much cheaper than mbp for the same processer and also screen size

Anyone using MAC sys with Boot Camp? Any problem in installing Windows softwares?

Anyone using MAC sys with Boot Camp? Any problem in installing Windows softwares?

No problem at all. But you need to have a legal copy of windows, and it must be SP2 yar..

NEW MACBOOKS AND MACBOOK PROS JUST REALISED. GRAB GRAB GRAB

Status
Not open for further replies.