Is buying dslr and lenses from online safe?

Keith Lim

Jan 31, 2012
East
Recently I have thoughts of buying new dslr or lenses online. However I'm rather worried that the product that comes might be defected. I know of one source, digital rev. But I do not know whether is it reliable or not. And what if the product sent here was damages during the journey here. Please help me.

Read the fine prints of the respective shops. Read reviews. If in doubt or if you need a person to complain to we have a list of local shops.

Recently I have thoughts of buying new dslr or lenses online. However I'm rather worried that the product that comes might be defected. I know of one source, digital rev. But I do not know whether is it reliable or not. And what if the product sent here was damages during the journey here. Please help me.

Please search and read the many threads that have already been posted about the exact same thing.

If you're so scared of buying online, then buy locally.

I have bought items from both B&H or Adorama before, mostly those items are not available here.
I would prefer to buy cameras and lenses from local stores, as I like to have local warranty services.
my experiences with them are very positive, especially B&H
there have return policy, no question asked.

You can check out this thread to see it for yourself.
[h=3]Is the yellow strip in images taken in new 50mm f1.2L a defect?[/h]

plus 7% gst if item is over the value of $400.

it's like sky diving, trading high risk futures, and flying a plane. if you know what you're doing, it's perfectly safe!

How much is does the shipping cost

Depends on what you order. Easy enough to add an object to the basket and calculate shipping costs. Please don't tell me you never ordered anything online before.

This is my very first time as all my lenses were bought in Funan.

Check the websites, read the fine print. There are many factors that determine the final costs of shipping. You got already some links, all it needs is a few clicks.

Oh. I see.. Thanks alot

Keith Lim said:
Oh. I see.. Thanks alot

Just remember shipping costs is also included for the calculation of gst.