Is amazon.com products reliable to purchase?

photofrox

Jul 31, 2011
Near Tiong Bahru
Even though amazon.com do have good ratings and review but the A-Z guarantee protection didnt include singapore in its coverage. I am planning to buy a Dslr camera from the website. Reliability of the website is my main concern.

Anyone who has bought camera from the website please share your experience. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reliability of the website?? Dude, it's Amazon, one of the biggest and most respected online retailers.

But why on earth are you buying a DSLR from there??? After shipping, GST, etc, do you really think you will save money compared to getting it from one of the recommended local shops?

Which one are you looking at, specifically? If we *do* buy a camera from the USA, we normally use BH or Adorama.

Even though amazon.com do have good ratings and review but the A-Z guarantee protection didnt include singapore in its coverage. I am planning to buy a Dslr camera from the website. Reliability of the website is my main concern.

Anyone who has bought camera from the website please share your experience. Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

why not get it local? does it really save alot?? hmm

First of all, things to note is that their warranty status does not bring over. The other concern is getting it shipped back, which costs quite a lot. i use cgw, which i tink is ok if u buy quite a lot. Lastly, such fragile equipment imagine they throw here there during shipping which u won't know..end up come to sg got problem..sending back is a pain. it's better to buy locally imo.

Reliability of the website, is renowned. they offer genuine products at low cost, because they do not have a brick and mortar shop and able to slash their prices to meet customer demands. Quality of goods are there, but too bad we don't live in the states. Hope it helps

and the best if you get in locally, you can test on the spot and you can it straight. no need to wait =)

and no need to worry that item wont reach to you =)

They're quite reliable, so far i have not encounter any problems with them. Except once they didn't deliver on time to my friend's US address. It was thought that the item had been misplaced, so I requested them to resend to him. However it came to him later, so ended up I got two same items. :bsmilie:

If you need more assurance, read the users' comments on Amazon.com how people receive their items.

Never had a problem with amazon, but I usually try to buy items sold by amazon or more reputable sellers. You can ship to comgateway or vpost for lower shipping rates over amazon or if they don't ship to singapore. My only complaint is that sometimes amazon like to use super big box for small stuff which ends up with me being charged volumetric weight.

I am planning to buy a older dslr model, canon eos d1000. The used refurbished price is around 380++. Shipped by digideals. Do local shops still selling older models?

of cos is reliable ..
i bought small stuff there , like timex watch for half the price including shipping

I am planning to buy a older dslr model, canon eos d1000. The used refurbished price is around 380++. Shipped by digideals. Do local shops still selling older models?

well there's still people selling a used canon 1000d at b n s.

price wise not too sure =)

hi, bns refer to which shop? new here. thanks

hi, bns refer to which shop? new here. thanks

Buy and sell.... On the forum first page, scroll down. We have a Marketplace section.

It's a 1000D, if it is a Canon. In Singapore there are shops selling 2nd hand cameras, whether they are refurbished.. I'm not sure but you can ask. A first hand 1000D is unlikely to be available, given the nature of local customers of always demanding the newest gadgets.
Do note that if the price including shipping exceeds $400 then 7% GST will be charged automatically. Do your maths, check Buy & Sell, check the 2nd hand shops around Peninsular Plaza / SC.
With regards to Amazon: check carefully who is selling the camera. Amazon facilitates reselling of used items, but then the seller is not Amazon itself. Amazon just provides the platform. Do read the fine print and the rating of the actual seller.

ok thanks alot. I will check out those shops first before making the decision.