Is a tripod bag necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murcielago

Mar 14, 2005
just for the tripod only.

i have been contemplating buying a tripod bag for a while now but somehow couldnt muster the trip to buy it. is it useful?

I have one.

It makes me important as it looks like I'm concealing a weapon.

And I've never failed to be stopped by security guards or police.

They should have my photo on the database of Central Police Station by now. :)

I have one.

It makes me important as it looks like I'm concealing a weapon.

And I've never failed to be stopped by security guards or police.

They should have my photo on the database of Central Police Station by now. :)

Hahaha, funny. I had make a policeman nervous one time and another time, a passerby asked me what's in the [tripod] bag.

din think of a strap.. got a bag for my slik from cathy the other time. no bag like very funny bring out..

unless you have CF tripob, else just get a tripod strap, deploy tripod also faster.

so true, & times where there is no clean place to put d bag it's jus an extra burden. Cf tripod or not...

if 1 2 protect CF tripod can use foam tube or tennis racket wrap (dunno d term:sweat:).

i use a strap, but when you dont fasten it well the tripod and head prods you at all funny places.. might prefer a bag now

for tripod strap, fasten one end at the tripod head, and fasten the other end between 1st and 2nd section, it will not moving around, and when you sling the tripod, it should be tripod head down, since the CG is towards tripod head.

13771DSC_6027.jpg

i use a strap, but when you dont fasten it well the tripod and head prods you at all funny places.. might prefer a bag now

jus dun head butt any1 gd enough. agree w/ Catchlight on carrying d tripod head down cos of CG. i use elastic cord to minimize d length, does not dangle too far when not in use.

It's the strap for me.

Bag's too cumbersome. Especially if you have to be on the move all the time. And I like the tripod to be exposed. More intimidating. Useful when you need to get out of the MRT train at stations like Jurong East. :p

for tripod strap, fasten one end at the tripod head, and fasten the other end between 1st and 2nd section, it will not moving around, and when you sling the tripod, it should be tripod head down, since the CG is towards tripod head.

13771DSC_6027.jpg

Can't your Number 1 tripod go inside your trouser front pocket? :bsmilie:

i carry head-up coz my ball head very light, thus the CG is more on the tripod

cross sling is the best, more comfortable as the tripod cannot swing at all

I've been using something like this:
Sell_Nylon_600D_duffel_bag_backpack_rucksack.jpg

Stores my tripod (Benro A-158) along with other stuff like my water bottle and stuff I would buy along the way during travels. I sling mine really low so that it doesn't interfere with my Slingshot 200AW.

I've been using something like this:
Sell_Nylon_600D_duffel_bag_backpack_rucksack.jpg

Stores my tripod (Benro A-158) along with other stuff like my water bottle and stuff I would buy along the way during travels. I sling mine really low so that it doesn't interfere with my Slingshot 200AW.

This looks like something my girlfriend carrys. :bsmilie:

You should have got a hot pink one.

This looks like something my girlfriend carrys. :bsmilie:

You should have got a hot pink one.

Actually, mine is made out of tan-brown canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.