Is a simple thank you not good enough these days?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
My dad dropped his wallet at a restaurant last night and a kind NSF soul seek us out at the address in the ic to returned the wallet. I simply thanked him. Later when my bro learnt of this incident, he said why did not compensate him for time and petrol, or offer something in return. Else people may not want to do good deeds anymore. As this is the first time such thing happened to me. I did not asked for his name nor unit. Is saying "thank you" too simple nowadays?

And is there any way to track down someone with his car plate number?

Thanking is usually good enough even if they automatic enough to take the trouble to drive over to return

Just nice that if people go the extra mile for you.... you might want to reciprocate that in kind ('tze tong')

And its normal to be just too shocked, too quick and too surprised that someone actually did this kind thing that one forgets to react correctly until its too late

I have in the past, held on to and FED... and BATHed a few dogs for a few days until the owners could be located for them to come and collect their runaway pets ..... with only a verbal thanks .... no hard feelings .... thats the way they choose

i think even if you offer compensation, the NSF guy would probably not accept. For those that do good deeds (sincerely), they do not do it for compensation or glamour or recognition. They just do it and fade away quietly like MBS during the PSI 400 level.

That's what I intent to do if I know who he is. I only know his dad's car plate number.

Cause TS never expected this kind of thing to happen to him.

Mostly when someone found a wallet, either to police or keep the things inside + throw. Returning to them at their home, unless to try their luck on a xmm answering the door, haha! Too bad TS is not a xmm? haha!

A thank you as an acknowledgement is good enough. I am sure he didn't expect anything in return.

I was on a holiday recently and follow a city tour. A group from another country joined us. When the tour was about to end, I noticed a iPhone next to me. Earlier I notice a few of the children were moving around where I was seated (back row) taking photographs using their phones. So I ask if anyone has left it behind.

A gentleman took the phone from me and check with his group. This follow by a young child claiming it. The episode ends there. Somehow they feel the phone belongs to them and it has returned to the owner!

Go ROV and get the owner of the car (need to explain to them why).
Turn up at his home with a small token gift, say a basket of fruits or a small cake.
Get the NSF name and unit and write to MINDEF public affairs...

My dad dropped his wallet at a restaurant last night and a kind NSF soul seek us out at the address in the ic to returned the wallet. I simply thanked him. Later when my bro learnt of this incident, he said why did not compensate him for time and petrol, or offer something in return. Else people may not want to do good deeds anymore. As this is the first time such thing happened to me. I did not asked for his name nor unit. Is saying "thank you" too simple nowadays?

NSF huh? give him a very SOLID adult url lor, he will be very happy.

How generous you are in showing appreciation shows how big a heart you have.

:)

even Bon Jovi only says Thank You and nothing more :)

[video=youtube;ESOVrc4K3CQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESOVrc4K3CQ[/video]

Bon Jovi is not a big heart that wears pants. :)

i only managed to find these pants that had hearts on them :(

Mixed-Order-heart-print-men-leisure-wear-beach-shorts-Swimwear-casual-pants-sportswear-cotton-women-homewear.jpg

Be clear about this - to the good Samaritan who returns the items, he is not looking for any reward from you.
People who are of such good character, are not cheapskate.

The point is, if we do not reward that person, are we cheapskate?

The answer to your question will be clear, if on a trip overseas, you lose your bag containing your plane tickets, passport, wallet, with lots of cash and many credit cards, IC, ATM card, etc.........and no one returns your bag.

Consider the magnitude of your potential losses and inconvenience.

So if some one actually tracks you down and returns all the lost items, is a verbal thank you, good enough? What do you think?

You have to decide whether you want to reward the person.

Last edited: