is a good garment steamer good?

zoossh

Nov 29, 2005
Singapore
dun liike opening and closing the flimpsy ironining board, refolding my shirt and pants in separate ways to iron over again and again.

heard abt this garment steamer/. it is really better? any limits? any caution? what and where to buy?

dun mind to pay for reliable quality money for quality stuff <500.

well, i don't know anything about steamers, but here's a way of rephrasing your question:

is a good camera good? :bsmilie:

yes, he is.

from what i'm reading up online, it is effective, but if you want creases like ironed shirts have to get that crisp shirt look, you won't get it.

yes, he is.

from what i'm reading up online, it is effective, but if you want creases like ironed shirts have to get that crisp shirt look, you won't get it.

can, just need time... once went to a boutique bought a shirt and wanna wear it immediately, the new piece was folded hence with the fold lines, the shop assistant took some time to slowly 'steam' it straight. also have to wait a while for the water to dry off as well.

can, just need time... once went to a boutique bought a shirt and wanna wear it immediately, the new piece was folded hence with the fold lines, the shop assistant took some time to slowly 'steam' it straight. also have to wait a while for the water to dry off as well.

can ar, i don't know , i never use before.

but i think it will be a bit less irritating than with ironing board. :bsmilie:

light creases, it is effective and fast. heavy wrinkles will take time to smooth out. doesn't make the clothes straighter than iron though if u want straight lines running on your pants. merely remove creases.

yes, he is.

i didn't know why i phrased that way when i typed the title.

just thinking how to make my messy life a bit more organised and efficient.

if it is a good copy, it should be good. pls send it to service centre if it's not caibrated.

anyway the steamer is way too slow to straighten crumpled shirts compared to an uncalibrated iron that even needs servicing! old skool iron still the best!

I'm been using it from quite some time. actually, is much faster than the old school ironing. but take note, for some fabric, u need longer time to straighten it. i like it coz it save so much space and the troubleness for the ironing board.

it depends on the brand also...
i have a cheaper one (cost around <$100 when I bought it) and it takes really long to straighten clothes... haha.. thos more expensive ones like they use in the stores are more effective IMO.

and not all types of clothes can be steam ironed..

dun liike opening and closing the flimpsy ironining board, refolding my shirt and pants in separate ways to iron over again and again.

heard abt this garment steamer/. it is really better? any limits? any caution? what and where to buy?

dun mind to pay for reliable quality money for quality stuff <500.

No, save your money and send your delicate laundry to a laundry shop instead.