Is 3x zoom sufficient enough for taking any shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinomax

Oct 4, 2002
Visit site
I'm comparing between the olympus 3x zoom (any cam) with the 730UZ 10x zoom.

Macro, portrait, landscape no problem. But if u r thinking going to the zoo, JBP then you might have a slight problem. ;)

it depends on your expectations. 10x isn't enough too in some cases (e.g. shooting the moon) ;p

Apparently if the prices gap isn't far apart, try going for a higher zoom, so that you don't have to spend money on too many Teleconverters later on.

Sometimes I'm frustrated with my 4x zoom, especiallly when you are taking some important shots and try to tele..but.... you just can't go any further..... :(

BIG MAMA!!

:thumbsup:

ok... got what u guys mean liao. ultimately it depends on my needs. hmm... since price aren't very much difference, eg the 4000 and 730, might as well get the 730 although it does not have the balance thing.

hi togu, i hav been checking out that site for specs and reviews. I think it's www.dpreview.com rite?

and not drpreview.

Hi lynn, buy? which one u referring to?

10X is better than 3X. I got Canon G2 with 3X, Good for shooting at home, lanscape. If you like shooting at distance object, 10X is the way to go.

Originally posted by dinomax
:thumbsup:

ok... got what u guys mean liao. ultimately it depends on my needs. hmm... since price aren't very much difference, eg the 4000 and 730, might as well get the 730 although it does not have the balance thing.

Higher zoom power also means bigger camera... Work on your needs...

Be careful of some ads fro DC. Look for the optical zoom rating only as some will count "electronic zoom" too.

I think most of the manufacturer has drop the digital zoom in their camera spec which popularized by Fuji in the early days. I think now most manufacturer will quote optical then the digital zoom seperately.

Originally posted by yllow
10X is better than 3X. I got Canon G2 with 3X, Good for shooting at home, lanscape. If you like shooting at distance object, 10X is the way to go.

Yeap... agree with you...
i'm very satisfied with my G2 except for it's zoom...

as yllow said... what you take is limited...
you will probably have difficulty in taking nature shots
in JBP and the zoo cos need a good zoom...
and it's rather difficult for candid shots, cos at so close distance they already noticed me and the expressions are lost...

so really depends on what you are intending to shoot...
the rest are very good, IMHO...
consider wisely...

:what:

Originally posted by dinomax
hi togu, i hav been checking out that site for specs and reviews. I think it's www.dpreview.com rite?

and not drpreview.

Hi lynn, buy? which one u referring to?

:embrass:

Yep, dpreview ...Heh

I think the C730 is using 10 x optical zoom, that's good stuff!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?cameras=oly_c730uz&method=sidebyside

But you might want to get some feedbacks from those 730 users here, before you buy it.

:p

Originally posted by yllow

ok, so 10x is the way to go. 730 shld be first in my list. but heard got Ca prob.

Originally posted by binbeto

Higher zoom power also means bigger camera... Work on your needs...

Be careful of some ads fro DC. Look for the optical zoom rating only as some will count "electronic zoom" too.

i think nowadays they usually mention optical zoom. :)

Originally posted by togu

:embrass:

Yep, dpreview ...Heh

I think the C730 is using 10 x optical zoom, that's good stuff!

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare_post.asp?cameras=oly_c730uz&method=sidebyside

But you might want to get some feedbacks from those 730 users here, before you buy it.

:p

i think there aren't as many user as 700 yet. some guys got it already but have yet to full exploit the functions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.