is 2nd hand lense worth buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingyan

Feb 25, 2004
Many of the so-called "mint" condition or "brand new" 2nd hand lense for sale as priced almost the same as brand new lense which we get from the shop.

does it made economic sense to buy 2nd hand "mint set" for just a difference of $20?

my expectation of anything 2nd hand must at least have a 20 to 30% depreciation. Just a personal opinion.

if de $$ difference is negligible i'll get a new piece! warranty, peace of mind & who doesn't like tingz brand new for a few pennies more oni?... :bsmilie:

oni u can decide de worth of a piece of kit. factors like condition of de lense, $$, reliability of de shop, etc...

i was sceptical of 2nd-hand stuff (ttz abt 1yr ago) at de beginning oso, but now m a happy owner of 2 2nd-hand Tamron lenses! :bsmilie:

oh, where do u go 2 look for them anyway?

Came across a 2nd hand lense that i was looking for recently. Mint condition but 6mths old liao. Cost $30 less than brand new only. Not worth i find.

I like 2nd hand. Also got no problems admitting I bought something 2nd hand (some think it is shameful).
You must know what you are buying. Savings can be a lot. If $30 saving, forget it and buy new.

Happy owner of two 2nd hand lens, I am. :)

I always buy used, but off course the price difference must be there......and you need to know what you are buying.

HS

bingyan said:
Many of the so-called "mint" condition or "brand new" 2nd hand lense for sale as priced almost the same as brand new lense which we get from the shop.

does it made economic sense to buy 2nd hand "mint set" for just a difference of $20?

my expectation of anything 2nd hand must at least have a 20 to 30% depreciation. Just a personal opinion.
For 2nd hand canon L lenses you're probably looking at 10% or max 20% lesser than new... I think that applies to the nikon Trinity and some really good ones too..

ur PM replied. hope u'll get ur $$'s worth! :)

Bought a cracked mount lens for 100 hoping that I could get it fixed. its totall usable, just needs more care.

because technology moving so fast, I have up to now mostly bought digital cameras in 2nd hand market.......because i cannot take the pain of the depreciation rate of digital cameras as a first hand owner :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.