is 24-70 2.8 too cheap?

i actually take it as a good things... as this mean more chances of that lens going to BnS section... and since there is "many" like u say... maybe the 2nd hand market price will go down... i'll keep my finger cross on this

It's always a Buyer and Seller struggle... Always interesting to see someone selling their used stuff higher than the current market price (new). :bsmilie:

Haha... Bro.. your 70-200F2.8 IS is the one got me started me on getting zoom lenses with focal length that cover 17mm to 200mm in the F2.8 range on a FF. :bsmilie:

How's your conversation to a full prime setup?

HOHOHO!

Can see you're making good use of it! :lovegrin:

Hmm ... I have only 1 zoom left, and that's a practical lens, so keep lor. Other than that, all primes and all manual focus, except for that one zoom lens. Oh chope, still got another long zoom, MF, but hardly ever use.

HOHOHO!
Hmm ... I have only 1 zoom left, and that's a practical lens, so keep lor. Other than that, all primes and all manual focus, except for that one zoom lens. Oh chope, still got another long zoom, MF, but hardly ever use.

When you are not so busy next time, must really learn more about MF lenses from you. Abit curious which are the 2 zoom that is currently in your "care"?

Who cares? It's the images that count.
Brilliant photographers in the 1950s made images that are far superior to many of today's photographers using cameras and lenses far worse than anything made today.

Go figure :)

Haha... I would never complain that any photographic equipment is too cheap.

Even if it is, the collective cost is astronomical!

Who cares? It's the images that count.
Brilliant photographers in the 1950s made images that are far superior to many of today's photographers using cameras and lenses far worse than anything made today.

Go figure :)

You're so right! :) Don't think many of today's younger photographers even know how to choose or load film, let alone focus manually. Put 1950's equipment in their hands and disaster will ensue! :bsmilie:

When you are not so busy next time, must really learn more about MF lenses from you. Abit curious which are the 2 zoom that is currently in your "care"?

There are other bigger MF lens sifus here - check around and you'll know who they are by the lenses they use/talk about ... I only ikan billis, but willing to share if someone is genuinely interested in learning. :)

You're so right! :) Don't think many of today's younger photographers even know how to choose or load film, let alone focus manually. Put 1950's equipment in their hands and disaster will ensue! :bsmilie:

i really don't think in today's digitally dominated market, it is important to know how to choose or load film. :dunno:

i really don't think in today's digitally dominated market, it is important to know how to choose or load film. :dunno:

It's even more important now!

I know someone who put his CF card in his 1D sideways and killed the pins in the camera :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It's even more important now!

I know someone who put his CF card in his 1D sideways and killed the pins in the camera :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie:

i heard of someone who used a screwdriver to clean his sensor. that was quite epic.

well, film is still alive..... it's just that you probably could still find 486 computers...... doesn't mean that the kids of today will be better by knowing how to use windows 3.1 :bsmilie:

Wah ... Jed, say liddat, now I thinking of sambal hae bee crispy ikan billis sandwiches! :devil: :sweat:

Anyways, my response was a tongue in cheek to Prime's comment. I wonder if he instead meant to say, 'Brilliant photographers in the 1950s, using cameras and lenses far worse than anything made today, produced images that are far superior to many of today's photographers'.

Anyways, my response was a tongue in cheek to Prime's comment. I wonder if he instead meant to say, 'Brilliant photographers in the 1950s, using cameras and lenses far worse than anything made today, produced images that are far superior to many of today's photographers'.

he did get a little lost somewhere in there, huh :bsmilie:

Wah ... Jed, say liddat, now I thinking of sambal hae bee crispy ikan billis sandwiches! :devil: :sweat:

Err, yeah, thanks. I'm like, nowhere near getting hold of anything remotely as appetising? Not to mention I'm coming down with something >.<

Err, yeah, thanks. I'm like, nowhere near getting hold of anything remotely as appetising? Not to mention I'm coming down with something >.<

Should ship you like a kilo of belachan and chilli padi man! :devil:

The last time I did something like that for a local friend stuck in the US, they actually threw the double boxed package in a vault! :bsmilie:

Take care of that 'something' and get more rest.

Last edited:
I dont think the 24-70 is too cheap. In fact i think its too expensive. I probably feel this way because i buy my hardware with my own money.

Everybody wins when good lenses like the 24-70 gets cheaper, not more expensive and 'exclusive'.

I think the focal range is a little off for a crop body, not enough on the wide end. But add IS to it, mount it on a FF body and you would have a killer setup (though expensive)

I'm just a hobbyist so i'll be sticking with my setup for some time yet

There are other bigger MF lens sifus here - check around and you'll know who they are by the lenses they use/talk about ... I only ikan billis, but willing to share if someone is genuinely interested in learning. :)

Haha... too modest... let me know when you are free. :)

What is TOO CHEAP for you?

:)

Actually, think the Canon one is quite OP..The Sigma and Nikon are value and good len.

am using a 24-70 on a cropped sensor (D90 for that matter). I'm rather comfortable with the range (i see myself using the 55-70mm range often as well). True enough at times (not often though) when i'm doing landscape, i wished i've a tokina 11(-16mm), but there are 101 ways to cover a feature, just make do with what one have lor, i mean who doesn't want a 2mm-500mm f1.2 that can do macro?

Last edited: