Irritating old photographer at Vivocity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital601

Aug 20, 2007
Went to Vivocity to shoot Fuzhou dance just now.Manage to find a front spot next to the left of a old photographer.
When the show start all was going smoothly until the old man decided to shoot portrait. His dammed flash was pointing straight at me using me as bounce wall;(. This goes on for sometime until cannot tahan already.Kindly asked him to point the flash head to the front and stop using me as a bounce wall.
KNN he got the cheek to say that "it's his style of shooting, if I don't like can go away"
Hear already dammed tulan. Now my turn to shoot portrait with my flash pointing straight at him and start flashing to show him how irritating flash can get so close to your face.
Lucky for him he kept quite. If he asked me to turn my flash to the front, I would told him "it's my style of shooting! if you don't like it ***** off"

Went to Vivocity to shoot Fuzhou dance just now.Manage to find a front spot next to the left of a old photographer.
When the show start all was going smoothly until the old man decided to shoot portrait. His dammed flash was pointing straight at me using me as bounce wall;(. This goes on for sometime until cannot tahan already.Kindly asked him to point the flash head to the front and stop using me as a bounce wall.
KNN he got the cheek to say that "it's his style of shooting, if I don't like can go away"
Hear already dammed tulan. Now my turn to shoot portrait with my flash pointing straight at him and start flashing to show him how irritating flash can get so close to your face.
Lucky for him he kept quite. If he asked me to turn my flash to the front, I would told him "it's my style of shooting! if you don't like it ***** off"

he must be proud tht he have influenced some one to shoot with his style :)

next time bring a portable strobe.

did u zoom the flash head to max at set full power? :devil:

i was going to ask u this too.
revenge is always sweeter.

nex time, jus shoot ur flash at him.dun care.

set the red-eye reduction on so the modellin flash will 'interrupt' him too

Wah lao... What camera he using???

Bounce light also cannot bounce properly. Should tell him straight in the face, he is unpolite at all. Take his photo and show his face for us to know...

Blast at his face with flash set at full blast with FEC+MAX

Last edited:
make sure next time ur speedlight/bounce card is long enough to block his lens. or better still, bring a friend to hold a reflector in front of him.

all these old unker damn thick skin one lah...dats y he never complain when the flash "hit" him...:bsmilie:

Thank you for support, I'll just let this incident pass.
Just my luck to meet such photographer.
Next time bring dark sun glass along:cool:

i think it should be interesting how the uncle's photos turns out, since he claim thats his style, should be something uncommon right?:think:

should get an optical slaved speedlight to sync with his flash, just to mess his exposure up.. heh heh..

Fwah, combine ALL the suggestions: THOR hammerhead at full blast on a mirror reflector connected to a optical slave and pointed backwards directly into his face/lens with additional studio flash and reflector surrounding him! :devil: Then post up his photo on CS! :bsmilie:

Fwah, combine ALL the suggestions: THOR hammerhead at full blast on a mirror reflector connected to a optical slave and pointed backwards directly into his face/lens with additional studio flash and reflector surrounding him! :devil: Then post up his photo on CS! :bsmilie:

He will be overexposed la...

just dance in front of him lor... it's a public place, no one can stop no one from pacing anywhere, if he is not considerate, u say u are moving to another position lor :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.