Irreversible

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitroTech

Apr 4, 2002
In Paradise
Visit site
Wonder if anyone of you guys caught the movie? If not, please go watch it. I shan't say more to spoil for you guys who have not watched it yet. But I must warn you guys that some parts of the movie are very disturbing!!

Wolfgang said:
D;

Are you thinking of catching lost in translation as well? :)

Heard that Sofia Coppola's film was quite good too... :)

Yup thinking of watching that too!!! Have you watched it yet? (Lost in Translation)

And another show to watch is 21 Grams

:)

NitroTech said:
Yup thinking of watching that too!!! Have you watched it yet? (Lost in Translation)

And another show to watch is 21 Grams

Not yet... quite a few movies i want to catch but no time as yet. :( Lavenderlilz, where are you? ;)

Hehee.. go catch a movie, followed by red wine with beef hor fun? ;) What say you? :D :devil:

Wolfgang said:
Not yet... quite a few movies i want to catch but no time as yet. :( Lavenderlilz, where are you? ;)

Hehee.. go catch a movie, followed by red wine with beef hor fun? ;) What say you? :D :devil:

Sounds good...... but not the beef hor fun part..... red wine with beef hor fun????
:confused:

Tapas more like it!!!

cannot comment much on the movie but 1 thing for sure that I will not watch it again :D

NitroTech said:
Sounds good...... but not the beef hor fun part..... red wine with beef hor fun????
:confused:

Tapas more like it!!!

Heeeey, Don't knock it till you've tried. ;) :devil:

Heck, white wine with "Orh Lua" is something you need to try too. ;)

But yes, Tapas is a must! :D

PS: You watching the Grammy Awards? Sting & Sean Paul in a fusion performance... nice. :D

Wolfgang said:
PS: You watching the Grammy Awards? Sting & Sean Paul in a fusion performance... nice. :D

Yeah yeah i watching!!!! Did you catch White Stripes???? 7 Nation Army!!!!!! Bestest!!!! :D

r u tryin to get ppl to waste money? it's disturbing 'coz it's so bad...

and yes, lost in translation is SO much better...

NitroTech said:
Wonder if anyone of you guys caught the movie? If not, please go watch it. I shan't say more to spoil for you guys who have not watched it yet. But I must warn you guys that some parts of the movie are very disturbing!!

chongkm said:

Well, i don't think it's his intetnion to do so, but then agin, we all have our POVs... live and let live, yah? :)

chongkm said:

It's a matter of opinion..... didn't warrant you saying that "i am tryin to get people to waste their money".

phrozact said:
I had a headache watching Irreversible...
Yeah me too! The part with a hand-held videocam was real terrible! Sometimes I wonder, did those reported walked out of the movie, felt giddy upon watch the shaky movie or the part on the rape? Or both? Hmm.. I rather watch this on BORROWED pirated VCD than spend my hard-earned money on this movie. Just my opinion.

eric69 said:
Yeah me too! The part with a hand-held videocam was real terrible! Sometimes I wonder, did those reported walked out of the movie, felt giddy upon watch the shaky movie or the part on the rape? Or both? Hmm.. I rather watch this on BORROWED pirated VCD than spend my hard-earned money on this movie. Just my opinion.

Well at least you put it in a nicer way then someone else...

eric69 said:
Hi,
I have always prefer mega-block busters with chock-full of CG effects, e.g., Independence Day, LOTR, Harry Potter, The Mummy series etc. You get the picture. Artsy films are never for me

But miraculously, I actually like Irreversible.

For one thing about the fire extinguisher scene, although it was sickeningly graphic but it was cool because the entire scene was done in one single shot. I am still wondering how in the world did they do that, with the beaten-up man losing his teeth, begging for mercy and the other guy just continued bashing him.

The females out there who likes to go partying till the wee hours, you should really watch this film. For me, it freaks me out somewhat and now I am rather precautious when using underpasses.

The actors/actresses are very professional, or this is what I seems. In every aspect, they acted every single way what a normal couple or what a rape scenario will happen. And they are NOT from Hollywood.

But I agree with one thing with the public - the shaky cameras was something else. I was very tempted to walk out of the cinema because I was on the verge of puking. Luckily I had my cup of ice lemon-tea to subdue my stomach. For those who cannot stand watching The Blair Witch Project, then this is not for you because for the first half hour of the movie, it's something like Blair Witch, except 10 times shakier.

This is one of those movies where after watching for the first 45mins of the movie, you feel your money has gone down the drain but towards the climax of the movie, it makes it all worth while. :D

Regards,
-Michelle-

Status
Not open for further replies.