Irresponsible Photographer


Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Katherine

Guest
#1
Hi Everyone,

My wedding is last saturday, 25 Jun and my morning was spoilt by the photographer which i enagaged. :cry: He didnt turned up on my AD, he played me out n I called him the whole day on the Friday n Saturday. Luckily i got my sister group n my colleague to help me to take some shots. My brother got his friend to help me the very last min n he agreed and turn up too which i am very grateful to him. All brides want their wedding to turn out well n nothing goes wrong but there is some irresponsible people who is out there to spolit the day. All the preparation are nearly ruin by these type of stupid irresponsible people.

I enagaged a freelance photographer whose name is KAH HENG n he is not free on 25th as i last min change my wedding date n he got me another one whose name is ROY WONG n i got his website n HP too. On 24th I called both of them but both of them refuse to answer my call. I called KAH HENG on 27th n the number is not in use. Wat kind of irresponsible man is he?!?!? I pay a deposit of $100 already, money is not a big issue. Wat i am angry and upset abt is he dun answer my call or give me a ring to tell me anything. He ruin my big day. Can anyone put themselves in my shoes n try to understand how i feel? I am so angry & sad !!!! : angry:
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#2
I can understand how you feel. But we still need to hear from the Photographer side of view.

It's of course wrong to not turn up. :)
 

lightning

Senior Member
Sep 2, 2004
4,640
1
0
Punggol
victor.shutterbug.sg
#4
I really can understand how you feel. Some of my friends do have similar experience. That is why it is really important to have 2 photographer if possible. I hope the day turn out well for you. :cry:

Did you meet both of them before hand to discuss? Sometime meeting the photographer before hand is important, as you can tell his character from the interation. It is important for the photographer to be able to click with the couple as well.

I had a friend who had a photographer that seems to specialised in funeral photography. His face is practically black the whole day, dosen't speak a word at all. It does spoilt the mood! :sigh:
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#5
djork said:
did you call him like the day before or something to remind him or to finalise any details?
Of course one should hear from both sides.

But I think calling up should be the job for the photographer rather than the wedding couple who already have so many other things to take care of.
 

Pro Image

Senior Member
Oct 31, 2003
2,822
0
0
46
Last planet from the sun
#6
Hmm....just wondering how much did they wanted charge you for your wedding?

Did you engage the photographers from this website?
 

rexlim

New Member
Nov 3, 2004
1,209
0
0
#7
student said:
But I think calling up should be the job for the photographer rather than the wedding couple who already have so many other things to take care of.
Totally agree!!
Where is the professionalism of our photographers out there? :nono:
 

billpepsi

New Member
Jan 2, 2005
1,269
0
0
The 3rd Rock
#8
Can anyone put themselves in my shoes n try to understand how i feel? I am so angry & sad !!!! : angry:
Hold your horses man!!! perhaps the photographer has a much bigger problem than yours. Did you check with him???
 

Jethro

New Member
Jan 20, 2002
133
0
0
Visit site
#9
'as i last min change my wedding date' this is very frustrating for the initially engaged photographer as well just becos he was engaged on the planned date and he had to bear the brunt of getting a replacement photogarpher for you in the last minute. But then again I believe there should be much more communication between the bride and the hired photographer.
Need to hear from both sides. :nono:
 

May 6, 2003
66
0
0
#10
these guys you 'hired' are clearly and obviously non-professionals in terms of attitude.

no professional AD photographer would dare risk his/her ricebowl and reputation for a mere $100.

do you have any kind of invoice or receipt? if he fails to turn up, it means a failure on his part to honour the contract.
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#11
jeffhiew said:
Hold your horses man!!! perhaps the photographer has a much bigger problem than yours. Did you check with him???
Even if the photographer had a MAJOR unforseen problem, he should still take responsibility to inform the couple that he was not available, and arrange for another photographer to do the job.
 

May 6, 2003
66
0
0
#12
jeffhiew said:
Hold your horses man!!! perhaps the photographer has a much bigger problem than yours. Did you check with him???
the photographer has accepted the job and deposit. the photographer's personal life/problem has nothing to do with the wedding couple.

if he really can't make it that day, he should have made prior arrangements or inform the client beforehand. not disappear before and after the AD.

unless, touchwood, the photographer suffered some physical damage which render him unable to contact anyone at all.
 

K

Katherine

Guest
#13
I meet up wit Soh Kah Heng n confirmed the booking wit him. I changed my wedding date in April n he got me the replacement, Roy Wong in April too. All these arragement is not last min n I did call them up the day before to confirm wit them my address but they didnt even bother to answer my call so how do i know if they have problem or not? Even if they do have a problem, they shd have the basic courtesy to call me so that i can arrange for another photographer n not to ruin my day, isnt it? I tried to call them again after my wedding n still cant get hold of them. I think tat they are too much already!
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#15
tats really irresponsible...

i wonder if there is any A&E services for photographers, like if suddenly cannot go due to some mishap, den engage another photographer to stand in, esp during those wee hours...
 

K

Katherine

Guest
#16
I got the invoice which he signed with us n i still kept all his sms. I going to call CASE for this as i dun want them to go round cheating all couples n ruin their big day!
 

~Arcanic~

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2005
2,671
0
0
Westy
#17
were the photographers engaged from here..?

i'm real sorry to hear what happened... hope ur day still turned out fine. :)
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#18
student said:
Of course one should hear from both sides.

But I think calling up should be the job for the photographer rather than the wedding couple who already have so many other things to take care of.
Yep. At least month before and a few days before to finalise and confirm details.


Jethro said:
'as i last min change my wedding date' this is very frustrating for the initially engaged photographer as well just becos he was engaged on the planned date and he had to bear the brunt of getting a replacement photogarpher for you in the last minute. But then again I believe there should be much more communication between the bride and the hired photographer.
Need to hear from both sides. :nono:
Well, on the brighter side of things, changing dates is as good as forfeiting your deposit, as the photographer might have rejected a few clients who was interested in the same date. Getting a replacement without further charges would be considered lucky. :)

Speaking from a photo-taker point of view.


swingoutsister said:
these guys you 'hired' are clearly and obviously non-professionals in terms of attitude.

no professional AD photographer would dare risk his/her ricebowl and reputation for a mere $100.

do you have any kind of invoice or receipt? if he fails to turn up, it means a failure on his part to honour the contract.
Agree with you there. $100 is nothing worth to risk reputation and future businesses. :) Even if there was a serious/urgent last minute matter, it should have been made known and replacements sought. Apparently they just left it as is.


Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tats really irresponsible...

i wonder if there is any A&E services for photographers, like if suddenly cannot go due to some mishap, den engage another photographer to stand in, esp during those wee hours...
Why not? :) What if halfway tio recall? Or halfway fall down break leg? Hehe.
 

K

Katherine

Guest
#19
Wat a despicable photograher!!! Using other peopel works as his! Yucks! Luckily i got my friend to help me out n my brother got his friend to help me. My brother friend is on MC n shd not be working but he still help me out.
 

Paul_Yeo

Senior Member
Feb 27, 2004
2,155
0
0
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
#20
Pro Image said:
Hmm....just wondering how much did they wanted charge you for your wedding?

Did you engage the photographers from this website?
i think it is not a matter of $$$, it is responsibility. Even when I shoot for free, I always turn up and call one day before to confirm the timing and address. Be it main or backup.

if he has already agreed to the changed date, then he should turn up. :angry:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom