Irresponsible Buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
I guess that this is nothing new but just to highlight to all the members.

There is absolutely no obligation (on buyer's part) to buy anything from anyone. You can choose not to buy after viewing the item (for example, item not up to your expectation, etc) or cancel the transaction prior to meet up (change of your mind, budget constraint, etc). I am absolutely fine with it.

The point that I wanted to put across is that the buyer should have the basic courtesy to inform the seller if you have decided to call off the deal due to whatever reasons. I will respect it.

My recent incident :

After numerous sms with each other, the buyer and I have come to an agreement to meet on last Sat at 3pm to deal an item that costs only $35.

On Sat at 12.51pm, I sent a sms to the buyer to remind him of the time to meet later. He replied that he would meet at 3pm if there was no rain, else 5pm. So I am ok with it.

However, at 3pm, there was no news from him, so I thought that he could be held up with something or what, and assumed that he might change the time to 5pm instead.

I do not have the habit to keep on smsing people to ask this and that because some time it can be quite annoying. So i waited till 5pm. He did not call or sms me even after 5pm or as the matter of fact for the whole Sat.

I chose not to call or sms him because I feel that he should have the basic courtesy to inform me of what was happening, etc. But I was wrong. He did not even bother to inform me of what was happening, i.e. cancel the deal or change of time/date, etc.

On Sun afternoon, I decided to sms him to find out what was happening since he had gone MIA for a day. Guess what was his reply?

"So sorry. I was with family in Malaysia on Sat. I have forgotten about it. Thank you. I think that I don't need to buy anymore".

What the fish? :think: We were still communicating on Sat afternoon, yet he dare to say that he has forgotten about it, and went Malaysia to enjoy himself while I waited for him in Singapore. Ok, fine, I can still accept it if you are really absent minded. But the worst thing is that he simply just cancel the deal.

This is simply a waste of my time and money (sms). Just for $35, it shows how much of his characters & personalities.

Naughty guy!
What's his clubsnap nick? :O
I would be very annoyed if I were you :O

CMI these buyers......

hope they all wont get anymore good deals! :devil:

Sorry to hear about your experience. I am sure you must be really pissed off, I know I would be. What makes it even worse, even if he apologised, I really don't think he was sincere in his apology. His excuse was so weak What a douche bag!

But somehow I am not surprised, there are some inconsiderate and selfish idiots out there, you know who you are. And I am sure this is not the last time we will be hearing about this.

If I were you, USM, I would post this clown's nickname, so other people will not have to deal with his BS if future, even if he is a genuine buyer/seller, I wouldn't want to deal with him. How hard is it to call or message???

KARMA is a bitch, so is payback!!! What goes around, comes around!!

ps USM, i believe there is a buyer rating on CS, give this a#@hole a -10 rating.

:thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Give the moron a bad rating :thumbsup: :sweatsm:

I had this opportunity to meet this buyer whom I reserved an extension tube for him for a week because he was oversea. Then he postphoned the meet up at the last minute to another day. Due to some urgent matter on the agreed upon timing during the next proposed meet up, I was late but I notified him in advance. Guess what, he cancelled the transaction. I was already on the cab rushing to meet him.

I have met one who reserved from overseas for 2 months and back out of deal when he got back, and one who complained the tripod is not straight even though he was told in the first place its a non-branded CF therefore quality is not like the branded stuff. But then got another who rushed over when he realised I travelled far to meet up at the agreed place and he got into an argument with his wifey in the process....

Actually to curb last minute price crasher buyers, irresponsible/bad sellers, its obvious that the current buy/sell system isn't just enuff.

Its best if we have a public subsection where bad buyers and sellers like these (those last minute deal backers, not those who back out prior informing) are being publicly shamed with the victim relating his/her experience on a single thread and a sticky post constantly updated with the bad buyer/seller's nick, real name and handphone number so that ppl can have a reference list of bad buyers/sellers.

Do let us know the bugger's nick (since dat bugger can clone himself) and handphone number (unless he registers a new number, there's no way he can run).

Bad attitude buyer:thumbsd: I had that experience too..;(

that's what the feedback system is for. you should enter a remark against this deadbeat.

These are the worse kind of buyers (or sellers). The kind that always put aeroplane one. :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: They should be publicly blacklisted on CS.

HippingHippo said:
I had this opportunity to meet this buyer whom I reserved an extension tube for him for a week because he was oversea. Then he postphoned the meet up at the last minute to another day. Due to some urgent matter on the agreed upon timing during the next proposed meet up, I was late but I notified him in advance. Guess what, he cancelled the transaction. I was already on the cab rushing to meet him.

:flame:

sux the fellow

Klose said:
Give the moron a bad rating :thumbsup: :sweatsm:
Errr., can we give negative rating :sweat: ? Something like -15/100%?

Regards,
Arto.

Hmmm....A person/pest who doesn't honour his word. :thumbsd: Time to single him out! :devil:

jsbn said:
Actually to curb last minute price crasher buyers, irresponsible/bad sellers, its obvious that the current buy/sell system isn't just enuff.

Its best if we have a public subsection where bad buyers and sellers like these (those last minute deal backers, not those who back out prior informing) are being publicly shamed with the victim relating his/her experience on a single thread and a sticky post constantly updated with the bad buyer/seller's nick, real name and handphone number so that ppl can have a reference list of bad buyers/sellers.

The current feedback system is already meant for that

This is not a commercial portal and these incidents will have to be taken as part and parcel of the risks of the second hand market. Moreover, we are usually only hearing one side of the story - usually from the aggrieved party

goering said:
, we are usually only hearing one side of the story - usually from the aggrieved party

agree.

u never know what exactly happened. it is easy to assume that the buyer purposely fly kite. maybe the buyer has some relative who suddenly got involved in an accident and is in ICU and he ruched to malaysia to peer visit.. u also dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.