iRiver H320

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurgaFlippinMan

Jun 20, 2004
has anyone tried this mp3 player before? what is the interface like? of course I dont expect it to beat the iPod's. what really interests me about this player is that it can store photos directly from the camera via USB without going through a PC (can the iPod Photo do that?)

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H320_20GB/4505-6490_7-31120667-2.html?tag=top

ergonomics and controls should be simiar. did they say anything about the battery life

16hrs i think...but pic transfers would be at usb 1.1

usb 1.1? that's bad.. roughly 1 gb of data will get transferred in roughly 25mins..

the usb doesnt matter one la. transfer file only mah..wait abit longer wont die one

user111 said:
the usb doesnt matter one la. transfer file only mah..wait abit longer wont die one

The problem is, the longer you take to tranfer, the faster the battery drains off.....

hi there, i am also interested in iRiver and Zen . I was wondering if I can do the same thing with Zen.

Yes that is what happen and the LCD backlight does not switch off during transfer and drains the battery further. Maybe they will do a firmware update that switch off the LCD and it might save some battery juice.

The way to go is transfer while charging it at the end of th day.

Helbreath said:
The problem is, the longer you take to tranfer, the faster the battery drains off.....

Currently only the iRiver H320 and H340 allows usb host function.
Never heard of any other, at least until Archos comes out with the 500 series

macbaxter said:
hi there, i am also interested in iRiver and Zen . I was wondering if I can do the same thing with Zen.

BurgaFlippinMan said:
has anyone tried this mp3 player before? what is the interface like? of course I dont expect it to beat the iPod's. what really interests me about this player is that it can store photos directly from the camera via USB without going through a PC (can the iPod Photo do that?)

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H320_20GB/4505-6490_7-31120667-2.html?tag=top
I have seen a CF adapter (also takes one more card type but I forgot) for the iPod, so this way iPod can also download images. But I am not sure if it can take RAW or NEF files.......I heard the Nikon Coolwalker only downloads NEF and not RAW from Canon, Rollei EC-20G only accepts JPEG is what they told me here.

Hs

Status
Not open for further replies.