iRiver H320


Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2004
636
0
0
#1
has anyone tried this mp3 player before? what is the interface like? of course I dont expect it to beat the iPod's. what really interests me about this player is that it can store photos directly from the camera via USB without going through a PC (can the iPod Photo do that?)

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H320_20GB/4505-6490_7-31120667-2.html?tag=top
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#2
ergonomics and controls should be simiar. did they say anything about the battery life
 

Jun 20, 2004
636
0
0
#3
16hrs i think...but pic transfers would be at usb 1.1
 

yanyewkay

Senior Member
Sep 22, 2004
3,924
0
0
Cons digger.
#4
usb 1.1? that's bad.. roughly 1 gb of data will get transferred in roughly 25mins..
 

user111

Senior Member
Jul 27, 2004
4,702
0
36
#5
the usb doesnt matter one la. transfer file only mah..wait abit longer wont die one
 

Helbreath

New Member
Jul 24, 2003
993
0
0
Visit site
#6
user111 said:
the usb doesnt matter one la. transfer file only mah..wait abit longer wont die one
The problem is, the longer you take to tranfer, the faster the battery drains off.....
 

macbaxter

New Member
Dec 7, 2004
1
0
0
#7
hi there, i am also interested in iRiver and Zen . I was wondering if I can do the same thing with Zen.
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,881
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
#8
Yes that is what happen and the LCD backlight does not switch off during transfer and drains the battery further. Maybe they will do a firmware update that switch off the LCD and it might save some battery juice.

The way to go is transfer while charging it at the end of th day.

Helbreath said:
The problem is, the longer you take to tranfer, the faster the battery drains off.....
 

Dennis

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
3,881
0
0
Singapore
8dennis8.fotki.com
#9
Currently only the iRiver H320 and H340 allows usb host function.
Never heard of any other, at least until Archos comes out with the 500 series

macbaxter said:
hi there, i am also interested in iRiver and Zen . I was wondering if I can do the same thing with Zen.
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#10
BurgaFlippinMan said:
has anyone tried this mp3 player before? what is the interface like? of course I dont expect it to beat the iPod's. what really interests me about this player is that it can store photos directly from the camera via USB without going through a PC (can the iPod Photo do that?)

http://reviews.cnet.com/iRiver_H320_20GB/4505-6490_7-31120667-2.html?tag=top
I have seen a CF adapter (also takes one more card type but I forgot) for the iPod, so this way iPod can also download images. But I am not sure if it can take RAW or NEF files.......I heard the Nikon Coolwalker only downloads NEF and not RAW from Canon, Rollei EC-20G only accepts JPEG is what they told me here.

Hs
 

Status
Not open for further replies.