Iran

nikonology

Aug 14, 2010
Hi all, I'm set to leave for Tehran on 30 Sep for 2 weeks. My itinerary is flexible but the cities to visit are more or less fixed. Am asking if any fellow photography enthusiats (max 2) wud be interested to join me.

I'm more into people portraits and landscape but occasional architectural too.

Do PM me if interested as i'm engaging a guide, transport and accommodation thru a local agency here. Sorry, i cannot confirm the budget yet due to the Ramadan holidays in Iran but i have asked to restrict to US$3,500.

I'm a male by the way, married with 2 kids.

Iran is quite a affordable destination to travel to. The people are among the friendliest on the planet!

When I was there 2 years ago, the 4 of us just hired a car and driver to drive us from city to city with sight-seeing in between. We got the contacts from the places we stayed in. It worked out to about US$15-20 per person with this arrangement and I have to say this is the most flexible and convenient if you have only 2 weeks.

We travelled by air from Tehran to Shiraz and got a car /driver from Shiraz-Persepolis-Yazd-Esfahan-Abyaneh-Kashan-Qazvin-Tehran with plenty of side trips in between.That's more than we can squeeze for 2 weeks.

BTW u can get visa free at Tehran airport for 2 weeks. Beyond that you can extend at some cities.Do check out Lonely Planet's Thorn Tree forum for the latest .