Iran

Iran is home to one of the world's oldest civilizations, beginning with the formation of the Elamite kingdoms in the fourth millennium BC. It was first unified by the Iranian Medes in the seventh century BC, and reached its greatest extent during the Achaemenid Empire founded by Cyrus the Great in the sixth century BC, stretching from Eastern Europe to the Indus Valley, becoming a larger empire than previously ever existed in the world. The Iranian realm fell to Alexander the Great in the fourth century BC, but reemerged shortly after as the Parthian Empire, followed by the Sasanian Empire, which became a leading world power for the next four centuries.
It is with this historic backdrop that I went to Iran. I was hesitant at first due to the fact that I visited Israel a few years back and although my passport didn't have an Israeli stamp on it, it did have a Jordan stamp when I exited the country via the King Hussein Bridge into Israel from the Jordan side. I was told that I might be refused entry into Iran in such a case. However, they have some of the friendliest customs people! They just let me through!
The Iranians are about the most hospitable people I have seen in my travels. Every chance they have they will invite you for tea or a picnic in the park (especially along the rivers in Isfahan!). It is also extremely safe. I could walk around at all hours of the day and night without incident. They also have some of the most beautiful women!
I do hope you will find the photographs interesting and I do hope if you have a chance to go to Iran, take it! Until the next trip, travel far and travel safe!

Bottoms Up by Ning Yu Pao, on Flickr

Sunset by Ning Yu Pao, on Flickr

View Of Tehran by Ning Yu Pao, on Flickr

Beautiful Iran Women by Ning Yu Pao, on Flickr

Panorama View by Ning Yu Pao, on Flickr

Will post more later ...

great collection of pics from Iran :)

Thanks for sharing. Iran! One of the countries that I love to visit.

Nice.

The HDR part seems to be pushed a little too hard for my liking but great pictures!

Thanks for sharing.

Nice photos. I was there. Beautiful country and very friendly people.