IR + Normal Photography Composite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Thai Bean

Dec 14, 2003
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done an IR and normal colour photo composite ... aka layer the IR over a colour shot or vice-versa ... Either making use of the IR to enhance certain parts of the colour photo or using the colour photo to add a certain touch to the IR ...

Any examples to show ...

Thanks

RGDs

Long Thai Bean said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done an IR and normal colour photo composite ... aka layer the IR over a colour shot or vice-versa ... Either making use of the IR to enhance certain parts of the colour photo or using the colour photo to add a certain touch to the IR ...

Any examples to show ...

Thanks

RGDs
You mean like this:

large.jpg

this

large.jpg

this

large.jpg

and this

large.jpg

Thanks everyone for your contribution ... Guess what I was looking for was more like what vince123123 had done ...

DSC_9581.jpg

*** Pic extracted from here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=178035

deadpixel also has some very interesting "colourise" IR pics, especially the last one with the house ... The house look like a flat front panel standing there ... also seemingly no depth at all ...

RGDs

PS : vince123123 ... hope you don't mind I have extracted you pics into this thread so that it makes for easier reading and reference ....

Can I ask if yours were done using a single shot, or whether multiple exposures were combined in photoshop later?

deadpixel said:
You mean like this:

this

this

and this

vince123123 said:
Can I ask if yours were done using a single shot, or whether multiple exposures were combined in photoshop later?
Requires two shots, 1 IR and 1 normal color shot.

Just layer the colored shot over the IR shot, switch blending to color and then adjust the opacity to your satisfaction. :cool:

Cheers,
Matt

Long Thai Bean said:
Thanks everyone for your contribution ... Guess what I was looking for was more like what vince123123 had done ...

deadpixel also has some very interesting "colourise" IR pics, especially the last one with the house ... The house look like a flat front panel standing there ... also seemingly no depth at all ...

RGDs
Maybe something like this:

large.jpg

Cheers,
Matt

Wow this is an intersting concept!!! Am inspired by you to try something similar :)

deadpixel said:
Maybe something like this:

Cheers,
Matt

Long Thai Bean said:
Some more examples have been posted up by photoexpress ... check the following thread ...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=178196

My fav #8, #11, #13, #17

RGDs
Nice :thumbsup: I like #17.

Looks like an advanced step to just combining two images. Masking and removing portions that you want colored? ;)

Cheers,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.