IR + Normal Photography Composite


Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Thai Bean

Senior Member
Dec 14, 2003
1,348
0
36
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done an IR and normal colour photo composite ... aka layer the IR over a colour shot or vice-versa ... Either making use of the IR to enhance certain parts of the colour photo or using the colour photo to add a certain touch to the IR ...

Any examples to show ...

Thanks


RGDs
 

deadpixel

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
1,251
0
0
East
www.pbase.com
Long Thai Bean said:
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done an IR and normal colour photo composite ... aka layer the IR over a colour shot or vice-versa ... Either making use of the IR to enhance certain parts of the colour photo or using the colour photo to add a certain touch to the IR ...

Any examples to show ...

Thanks

RGDs
You mean like this:



this



this



and this

 

Long Thai Bean

Senior Member
Dec 14, 2003
1,348
0
36
The 3rd Rock
beansproutpics.zenfolio.com
Thanks everyone for your contribution ... Guess what I was looking for was more like what vince123123 had done ...


*** Pic extracted from here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=178035

deadpixel also has some very interesting "colourise" IR pics, especially the last one with the house ... The house look like a flat front panel standing there ... also seemingly no depth at all ...


RGDs


PS : vince123123 ... hope you don't mind I have extracted you pics into this thread so that it makes for easier reading and reference ....
 

V

vince123123

Guest
Can I ask if yours were done using a single shot, or whether multiple exposures were combined in photoshop later?

deadpixel said:
You mean like this:



this



this



and this
 

deadpixel

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
1,251
0
0
East
www.pbase.com
vince123123 said:
Can I ask if yours were done using a single shot, or whether multiple exposures were combined in photoshop later?
Requires two shots, 1 IR and 1 normal color shot.

Just layer the colored shot over the IR shot, switch blending to color and then adjust the opacity to your satisfaction. :cool:

Cheers,
Matt
 

deadpixel

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
1,251
0
0
East
www.pbase.com
Long Thai Bean said:
Thanks everyone for your contribution ... Guess what I was looking for was more like what vince123123 had done ...

deadpixel also has some very interesting "colourise" IR pics, especially the last one with the house ... The house look like a flat front panel standing there ... also seemingly no depth at all ...


RGDs
Maybe something like this:



Cheers,
Matt
 

V

vince123123

Guest
Wow this is an intersting concept!!! Am inspired by you to try something similar :)

deadpixel said:
Maybe something like this:



Cheers,
Matt
 

deadpixel

New Member
Apr 14, 2004
1,251
0
0
East
www.pbase.com
Long Thai Bean said:
Some more examples have been posted up by photoexpress ... check the following thread ...

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=178196

My fav #8, #11, #13, #17


RGDs
Nice :thumbsup: I like #17.

Looks like an advanced step to just combining two images. Masking and removing portions that you want colored? ;)

Cheers,
Matt
 

Status
Not open for further replies.