IR @ Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Sri Mariamman Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
Today (31 May 07) is the official soft opening of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple at South Bridge Road in conjunction with the Vesak Day celebration. Thousands of people had queued up since early in the morning to enter the temple for a look.

There was very little space for photography and it was impossible to capture the entire structure in one frame without the use of a super or ultra wide angle lens. These were therefore panoramas comprising from 2 to 6 overlapping shots of different sides of the temple. As such, some distortions were unfortunately unavoidable.

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

79741044.jpg

Right side of Temple

79741046.jpg

Front of Temple

79741048.jpg

People queueing round the left side of the Temple

79741050.jpg

Back of Temple

The Sri Mariamman Temple is just a short distance away from the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

Sri Mariamman Temple

79741051.jpg

79741053.jpg

wow nice! :thumbsup:

if only there's a way to make all the people disappear :bsmilie:

Great IR shots! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice!

Now all you need to do is to somehow use magic to remove all those people. I don't like them, they spoil the picture somehow by introducing some amount of disorder into an otherwise orderly place. =/

Thanks for viewing.

For me, I don't really mind the presence of people in such shots. They help to give a sense of scale to the size of the temple structure. Also, probably the only time of the day where there would be no people in this part of Singapore might be after midnight... so it would be feel strange not to see people in such shots. And I really don't mind the no. of people in #3 as the image served to document the happening on that day. There is no more such long queues after that day. :)

Nice IR of the Buddha tooth relic temple. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Are they snapped with your newly brought fujifilm S9100 IS?

Nice IR of the Buddha tooth relic temple. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Are they snapped with your newly brought fujifilm S9100 IS?
Yes, they were taken with that camera. :)

Soooooooooooooo beautiful and sharp man.

It's such a wonderful set. My favourite is the first one. Quite unfortunate that they put unsightly bins & generators which spoils the overall scene. Even some lamp posts are disturbing to the photographer in getting a clean shot at night. Well done my friend! Wish you well.

It's such a wonderful set. My favourite is the first one. Quite unfortunate that they put unsightly bins & generators which spoils the overall scene. Even some lamp posts are disturbing to the photographer in getting a clean shot at night. Well done my friend! Wish you well.
Hi William,
Thanks for viewing. Glad you liked them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.