IPT Warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
Hi, just come back from my 1st day IPT for this year. Very surpries on annoucement the PTI made today. After going through the 7 days of training, you have to book the IPPT test yourself and complete within the 5 training weeks. Meaning you have to complete the 7 days training, than you are allow to book IPPT. You are not allow to book IPPT in advance. You must complete within 5 weeks. Can you image it is very hard to book a IPPT test even one month before. With such a short period after training, how you can able to take the test?

BTW, I never heard there is such change of rules for IPT. Can someone enlighten me. :(

I am thinking of going back to RT next cycle. At least got time off and receive some compensate $$$.

Last edited:
Too much RT and chances are that your career will be affected.

they too eng.. want to be creative at your expense.. lol

took IPT last yr, from what i did, no need to go book your IPPT for your last session of IPT. just come as usual just that its not training but u just go take IPPT while those that yet to complete the 7 session will continue with training.

that what i did last yr at maju camp.

took IPT last yr, from what i did, no need to go book your IPPT for your last session of IPT. just come as usual just that its not training but u just go take IPPT while those that yet to complete the 7 session will continue with training.

that what i did last yr at maju camp.

I did IPT at Maju last year. Going through the same thing as you mentioned. BUT NOT THIS YEAR! They insist the IPPT must be taken with 5 training weeks. Just do the calculation. 7 training days, if you taken 3 days per week (Do take note you are not allow to take 2 days consecutively). You can complete the training with 2 weeks and 1 day. You got remaining 2 weeks to book and take IPPT test. The IPPT booking need to take a month in advance.

And worst thing is this month got CNY! :(

the system change liao ah? i always can book my ippt like 4 days before i take test.

what is IPPT ah? :bsmilie:

after cing this thread, i went for a run, dam i am super unfit, 1km took 9min.:cry::cry:

dont know when than i can get back to my 9:30min for 2.4km.:sweat::sweat:

Last edited:
what is IPPT ah? :bsmilie:

after cing this thread, i went for a run, dam i am super unfit, 1km took 9min.:cry:

dont know when than i can get back to my 9:30min for 2.4km.:sweat::sweat:

Yesterday no mood to run after hearing the news. Clock very badly on my 2.4km.
The PTI even encouraged us to fail the initial trial to show how much improvement we achieve during IPPT. :sweat:

I am **** in my pants now that u ask. I have been training intensively last 1 month. Controlling my diet etc.... I don't know how well prepare I am. Maybe I shld just break a leg and downgrade

I am **** in my pants now that u ask. I have been training intensively last 1 month. Controlling my diet etc.... I don't know how well prepare I am. Maybe I shld just break a leg and downgrade

Why not you help to break mine. :bsmilie:
This year is my FFI year. I wish I kanna cancer so that I can out.
I don't want to suffer such surprises again.

aiyo..cancer is a diff thing.i wont say that. i have some knee injury sustained last time in army...i went to see a surgeon,in the hope i can do an op. then the surgeon says too mild. surgery will not cause significant improvement....i was so disappointed. when i went home,my wife says i am crazy...my friends also say the same thing..but i really hate this IPPT crap...

aiyo..cancer is a diff thing.i wont say that. i have some knee injury sustained last time in army...i went to see a surgeon,in the hope i can do an op. then the surgeon says too mild. surgery will not cause significant improvement....i was so disappointed. when i went home,my wife says i am crazy...my friends also say the same thing..but i really hate this IPPT crap...

AFAIK, those who managed to 'keng' were very persistent. No doctor can be 100% sure of their diagnosis. Even if they check that there should not be a problem, still keep to the story. MC will lead to longer MC, then finally letter to downgrade. So if you are really serious about it, you will need to keep visiting the doctor (outside, not the army doc). It will be a lot of money and time spent, if this is what you really want. But there are implications as well (Eg. Insurance; Other job prospects when they see you have a medical prob); not to mention that this may drag and you end up not completing your 10yr reservist even when you are 35+ or older.

Maybe its more worth it when you can enjoy the downgrade from 18yrs old onwards, otherwise, I find not worth the effort.

I took the other way out, ran almost everyday. 1km became 2km ... to 10km..
Ended up to be far fitter than I ever was with the PTI 'tekan' during NS days.
In the end I benefited from the fitness; not SAF (just get the mindset right) :)

Cheer up man! :)

SALUTE!!!

you shld tell those regulars what you do. seriously some of them are a joke...not asking them to get Gold or even Silver-Obese and cannot pass IPPT..yet occupation is: SOLDIER

SALUTE!!!

you shld tell those regulars what you do. seriously some of them are a joke...not asking them to get Gold or even Silver-Obese and cannot pass IPPT..yet occupation is: SOLDIER

wah liu....juz like most of us the old uncle, they got tummies to feed mah. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.