Ipods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Hi All,

Just wondering but would Ipods bought at SLS be substantially (more than $20 - $30) cheaper than buying one at the Apple shop in wheelock? :dunno:

Kindly advice :)

just go to those bigger shops and see, then go SLS and compared prices loh =)

Wolfgang said:
Hi All,

Just wondering but would Ipods bought at SLS be substantially (more than $20 - $30) cheaper than buying one at the Apple shop in wheelock? :dunno:

Yes. Just got a 60GB iPod video at SLS for $610, which is quite a bit lower than the std price at AppleCentre.

There is an offer on Apple online store now ... If u intend to get a macbook or iMac etc. ... U can get a mail-in rebate of $312 for the iPod if u are a student/teacher. If u are not, you can always use your child/nephew/niece's name to buy ;p

If you don't mind fairly recent used ones, check out the MUGS forums classifieds section. I got my brand new nano for almost $100 less than market.

Paul_Yeo said:
just go to those bigger shops and see, then go SLS and compared prices loh =)

OT a bit.

I am not here to start a flame war but this is really one example of a comment that is of no value and unconstructive in nature. A normal person of course would check those bigger shops if he or she have the time. The reason why it is posted here is to get immediate feedback so that a quick decision can be made. That is the purpose and advantage of having a forum.

Wolfgang said:
Hi All,

Bought iPod Video 60GB for $600. cannot rem the shop name in SLS , bargain abit .

CreaXion said:
OT a bit.

I am not here to start a flame war but this is really one example of a comment that is of no value and unconstructive in nature. A normal person of course would check those bigger shops if he or she have the time. The reason why it is posted here is to get immediate feedback so that a quick decision can be made. That is the purpose and advantage of having a forum.

Hi CreaXion,

Thank you for understanding my reaosn for posting this thread. I will, however, rather not venture to guess why the the post question was posted. Perchance he believe that it would be useful but that is his interpretation. :)

As it is, no harm, no foul and no skin off my back. My primary concern is still the price difference so ultimately, it's not a issue i wish to feel bothered about. :) Nonetheless, I do appreciate you sharing what you think.

Cheers mate. :)

hi wolfgang,
Ipod is a device nice to have/own and use, but personally i think is not a keepers device.
Plus the servicing of the ipod is not cheap for some ppl, where they do not know the "hidden" cost, just buy for the design,built,quailty.
As there is one fellow cser said, can get from the mug forum B&S for bargaining ipod at a gd price. I recommend you to try there first and see how, later sell away not so heart pain.
i've bought it/use it for 6months(experience of using it was good) and sold it...
just a personal thoughts, hope you and others don't mind. :)
cheers for yr new ipod coming.

CreaXion said:
OT a bit.

If you were to delete all ineffectual posts in CS, I think two thirds of the posts would disappear. Like any other gathering, it's not unusual to pass some light hearted comments. CS is oft characterised by such remarks and most of us have come to accept it as a way of life. The topic at hand is still being discussed so no need to sweat the little stuff. :)

Terence said:
If you were to delete all non effectual posts in CS, I think two thirds of the posts would disappear. Like any other gathering, it's not unusual to pass some light hearted comments. CS is oft characterised by such remarks and most of us have come to accept it as a way of life. The topic at hand is still being discussed so no need to sweat the little stuff. :)
look at the recent deregistered .......
one of the highest post. :( felt sad.
opps OT liao... :bsmilie:

jnet6 said:
hi wolfgang,
Ipod is a device nice to have/own and use, but personally i think is not a keepers device.
Plus the servicing of the ipod is not cheap for some ppl, where they do not know the "hidden" cost, just buy for the design,built,quailty.
As there is one fellow cser said, can get from the mug forum B&S for bargaining ipod at a gd price. I recommend you to try there first and see how, later sell away not so heart pain.
i've bought it/use it for 6months(experience of using it was good) and sold it...
just a personal thoughts, hope you and others don't mind. :)
cheers for yr new ipod coming.

Hi,

I do appreciate your concern but the good news is I am not paying for this Ipod and neither is it meant for me. Its just that i was asked to help purchase one for somoene else and I just wanted to know where I can get one at a fair price. :)

any idea what's the price of a 30gig ipod video in SLS now compared to at Apple store?

jnet6 said:
look at the recent deregistered .......
one of the highest post. :( felt sad.
opps OT liao... :bsmilie:

OT some more on my side.

Actually nothing to be sad abt. If any person were to violate and contravene the spirit and actual intent of this community, it is always better for the person to leave the community. There may be a community that may suit that person more.

I am not sure whether I am right but I noticed a change of climate in this forum. There is more awareness now of how a discussion should be held and in what spirit which is utmost importance. Therefore, it is very noticeable in all the recent threads like less OT, flame wars, etc. Good job to the mods, admins and all the pp who contributed to a healthy learning experience. I have a few professional photographer friends who left clubsnap because they felt that the community was not contributing to their learning experience but inhabited by arrogant pp who thinks that they know a lot and decides that their words are authority. However, recent observations in my personal opinion seems to have an improvement in the trend. Related discussion can be found in DP's, students post.

Sorry Wolfgang but I can't help deviate. But it was really good job on your part to try stopping all the nonsense from happening. You are indeed doing a great job of a mod.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Apple shop now having sale. Got some discount... Which one you buying? Buzz me when u're online.. I got lobang for distributor price ;)

Dun have to OT too much, ultimately we are all trying to help the poster....

I just bought a ipod from Apple store direct, reason being :

1. they give discounts, talk to a apple phone sales person and you will know. You need not be cheapo to act as a student or ask favours from children from aunts and uncles.

2. Buy together with accessories and you get even better discounts.

3. Free technical support even after 90 days, just call your sales person for a favour.

4. Laser engraving. Personalised your very own. Unless you want to sell away later which I think the prices will tumble since a newer touch screen ipod is speculated to come out anytime. Also you will have a lot of convenience when you send it for repairs. Do a search on other ipods forum and you will know that they often give you a used ipod as replacement while if yours is a personalised one, you will most likely get a new one if yours is beyond repaired. Don't quote me for it, I saw other forums mention it.

5. Better quality and fresh from oven. Mine is made a couple of days after I ordered it. They are not displayed at stores where you don't know when they are made or shipped and the store owner show them to many people only to be rejected for cosemetic flaws which you may not have noticed.

6. Improve repair time and convenienced. Ordered from apple, you have any problem, they drop down to your house, grab it from you, send it back to repair and return to you at your door step. Not happy, reject it let them do the running, you stay at home blow aircon no sweat.

For 1st 7 days, if you get from others, you need to bring down to the shop, convince the store owner and he press here and there a bit to verify then they send to apple then apple take some time to repair, send back to store and you make another trip there to pick up. Not happy, repeat process....if after 7 days, make a trip to the super friendly apple repair centre and you will know how sweet their apple taste. 9 out of 10 people who went to apple repair centre comment their service is :thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: . Good luck.

7. Very convenient if you intend to give it as a present, the warranty part is more pleasant for the person who receive it. Especially your GF, BF. Don't need to keep stupid thermo paper receipt that fades away after 3 months. Apple centre had your purchasing record.

All these convenience is merely SGD 50 difference from the cheapest price you pals posted here. Think about the cab fare, bus, MRT and time spend to and fro to purchase, send for repairs, retrieve it after repairs etc especially if its for a love one. Save them the trouble and a more sincere and thoughtful gift.

I got it for my wife as a present and I use it also ;), so I think its worth the convenience and the consideration for the person who used it, whether its you or the one who receive it from you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.