Ipod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new ipod. Note the battery size, a lot smaller than the classic ipod.

new Ipod

Originally posted by caseytan
The new ipod. Note the battery size, a lot smaller than the classic ipod.

new Ipod

I saw this other guy's shots liao.. macam nokia 3210 haha

hey u getting the belkin batt pack? me wanna.. waiting for the batt pack and the skins to come out first ;p...

Originally posted by denizenx
I saw this other guy's shots liao.. macam nokia 3210 haha

hey u getting the belkin batt pack? me wanna.. waiting for the batt pack and the skins to come out first ;p...

nah ;) already have the 10GB classic ipod ;) unless i strike toto ;p ;p

too bad they don't have the battery pack for classic ipod, might be useful as a backup power source ...

went Pk computers, they still selling the old 'pods at orig prices.. yeeurgh...

CREATIVE INTRODUCES THE HIGHEST CAPACITY NOMAD
JUKEBOX ZEN EVER – WITH TWICE THE STORAGE OF THE
APPLE iPOD 30GB MODEL FOR $100 LESS

CREATIVE INTRODUCES THE HIGHEST CAPACITY NOMAD
JUKEBOX ZEN EVER – WITH TWICE THE STORAGE OF THE
APPLE iPOD 30GB MODEL FOR $100 LESS

I rather have 60 hours

went Pk computers, they still selling the old 'pods at orig prices.. yeeurgh...

go to AppleCentre Orchard, heard from colleague that its selling @ 668 there for 20GB model ;)

yeah.. the other stores like best denki (or PK) tend to be a tad slow while taking up the new prices.. *shrugs*

eeewww.. i don't like the zen.. too fat for my own good... doesn't sync my calendar, contacts and acts as FW drive... :cool:

Hey! You guys got to get an iPod manz, at $668, it's a steal IMHO. Looks way cool compared to Zen. :cool:

Hi guys,

can anyone tell me wat's the difference between the classic ipod and the new one? as in, wat does one miss in getting the older 20 gig model compared to the new one? :)

have the chance to buy at 10% the new ones but in the end haiyah spend so much on mp3 hehe.. hmm..

new ones smaller, lighter, shorter batt life, different buttons, diff backlight.

After this thread, I did some research.

In the end, went for an iRiver ChromeX MP3 CD player.

Much cheaper, uses AA batteries rather than proprietary Li-ions, and unlimited cheap capacity via CDR's. A bit bulkier, of course, and not so cool, but I use it mainly for my car anyway rather than carrying it around.

Originally posted by StreetShooter
After this thread, I did some research.

In the end, went for an iRiver ChromeX MP3 CD player.

Much cheaper, uses AA batteries rather than proprietary Li-ions, and unlimited cheap capacity via CDR's. A bit bulkier, of course, and not so cool, but I use it mainly for my car anyway rather than carrying it around.

I already have the iriver.. LOVED it.. still love it tho I am downloading this 1.2GB Ring cycle by wagner... which I was thinking of dumping all onto a hdd..
and I only carry one CD, as I leave the player in its pouch and never open it except to change batt... and max is 700 meg..
using 2100 AAs with CDRW... sort of counter each other haha.

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me wat's the difference between the classic ipod and the new one? as in, wat does one miss in getting the older 20 gig model compared to the new one? :)

I would caution against getting a secondhand iPod (something I had considered) because of the proprietary Li-ion battery issue. If it has been well used, the capacity may be unacceptably low, which means you may need to replace the battery (which Apple $$$upport will gladly do for you).

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I would caution against getting a secondhand iPod (something I had considered) because of the proprietary Li-ion battery issue. If it has been well used, the capacity may be unacceptably low, which means you may need to replace the battery (which Apple $$$upport will gladly do for you).

It depends, my current ipod is a second hand one, 4 months old at the time when i got it. I've tested the battery by non-stop letting it play from morning until late afternoon. The result ? 10 hours are battery power :) :)

using the 10GB second generation classic design iPOD :p

Hi guys,

well, older 20G model is CHEAP ! :p it used to be selling at around $950 previously. You can use iTrip (FM Transmitter) on it.

Newer model has shorter battery life, 8 hours compared to 10 hours for the old model. New one are smaller and lighter, more games than the old one, touch sensitive buttons. Supports USB 2.0 (if you dont have firewire). External backup battery pack.

Some ipod websites :p

http://www.ipodlounge.com

http://www.ipodding.com/

Hi

thanks denizenx, streetshooter, caseytan.........

i've become a believer :devil: :D :cool:

so ? what's your decision ? Classic Ipod 20G or new ipod :p

:devil: :devil:

iPhoto for Windows crushed both my office PC last December... Don't suggest that you get it... ;)

Originally posted by ckiang
Where did you get iPhoto for Windows? :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.