IPOD Photo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$888 for 40gb... $1088 for 60gb
Pretty expensive .. and it still needs an media reader to transfer the pics to the photo ipod.

The good point will be mp3 and photos at one go ..

I'll probably wait till IPod comes out with a 48hrs battery life IPod... the rest? don't really care... playing good quality MP3 should be sufficient... portable devices needs to have longer batt life. Hate it when travelling and the batt dies half way... and at the mean time... my Sony Discman batt life beats everything :D:D

I heard that Ipod main flaw is the internal battery cannot be replaced and Apple will not do that for you. ;(
I know some third-party manufacture battery for Ipod but still not the offical one.
To me, Ipod is nothing much but just a cult-like thing.

White earphone + White/Chrome = "you are IN-thing!" (get my point??)

My Sony minidisc battery beats it down flat!

Well, the thing is do you really need to listen to 10,000 songs on one player??? How many of us actually have 10,000 mp3??? Even if you suddenly decide to rip your whole CD collection, on an average of 12 tracks per disc, you will be ripping like 834 CDs??? That's a lot of CDs to be ripping.

Since most Sony discmans can play mp3s now, 700mb of mp3s is more than enuff for me.

Prismatic said:
Well, the thing is do you really need to listen to 10,000 songs on one player??? How many of us actually have 10,000 mp3??? Even if you suddenly decide to rip your whole CD collection, on an average of 12 tracks per disc, you will be ripping like 834 CDs??? That's a lot of CDs to be ripping.

Since most Sony discmans can play mp3s now, 700mb of mp3s is more than enuff for me.

need to? no. want to? YES! :)

i have dones 580+ albums so far :p

XXX Boy said:

Agree... Apple is selling the image of owning an IPod, not selling the product only... It's just like your Leica. Leica == Pro photographer... Same logic...

That's why I buy creative. Cheaper.

apple is about branding & lifestyle...this is advertising strategy...the only thing that's serious enuff to keep in mind is their computers & some softwares...not their cute gizmos...save your money...apple has the habit of making a better gizmo very soon...so your heart pain pain...

XXX Boy said:
I heard that Ipod main flaw is the internal battery cannot be replaced and Apple will not do that for you. ;(
I know some third-party manufacture battery for Ipod but still not the offical one.

Btw, Apple does provide battery replacement program, but it's not cheap though.

khairi said:
apple is about branding & lifestyle...this is advertising strategy...the only thing that's serious enuff to keep in mind is their computers & some softwares...not their cute gizmos...save your money...apple has the habit of making a better gizmo very soon...so your heart pain pain...
Is it just me or...
Apple just treat me like an idiot. Everything simplified.

XXX Boy said:

erm... Apple will do the repair / exchange of iPod batteries at a cost of $200. tats what i heard from Apple.

Third party might nt be tat safe too.... unless u wan to risk 400 over dollars...

I remembered the newspaper mentioned that it compress/resize the image smaller before transfering into the ipod. So I don't think it can be used for backups of our full resolution digital photos.. at most storing some candid shots to share with friends during outing etc.. the screen is so small anyway!! :bsmilie:

Besides would I be really looking the pictures everyday while I'm on my way to school etc? Nope. :D I feel it's quite a gimmick.. consider the battery life too for running a coloured LCD too.

:dunno:

i would prefer the Zen portabel media centre. can store video, mp3 n photos. A balance of all.

size may be a little big but overall i think its fine.

As these products are still new in the market, it be good to wait n see before moving in.

Hapi New Year... :D

Please take note that the IPOD Photo is not a photography item. Thread moved to Kopitiam.

actually, the ipod photo is probably similar in a sense to the voisonic x drive pro.
which is a portable photo storage and plays mp3. :)

haha, these days, with devices getting so convergent...
it's hard to classified them huh? :bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:
I heard that Ipod main flaw is the internal battery cannot be replaced and Apple will not do that for you. ;( [/B]
Ur this...

Contradicts this.

Can u make up ur mind which one u wanna say? ;)

Juz in case u're wondering, the 3rd-party replacement can last up to apprx 30hrs.

If u'd owned and followed Apple on the day the original 5GB iPod was released, u'll know that it din achieve 'cult status' overnight.

That's fashion thing. I honestly can't be bothered. I gaffered up my iPod's back.

Dun groan abt the gaffer thing. If u even own an iPod in the first place, u'll know how bloody susceptible to scratches this kinda things are. ;(

I'm waiting for a 3rd-party battery replacement for my 4th Gen iPod and let's see who'll win. :sweatsm:

EdOkH said:
i would prefer the Zen portabel media centre. can store video, mp3 n photos. A balance of all.

size may be a little big but overall i think its fine.

As these products are still new in the market, it be good to wait n see before moving in.

Hapi New Year... :D
Zen Media Centre?

Try the PlayStation Portable. Everything u'd said, plus u can play games on it as well... :D

Prismatic said:

It's the sadistic pleasure of scrolling thru a couple of thousand songs to create a playlist on the go as and when I want when others have to do the fast-forward thing on their MP3 CD players. ;)

jsbn said:
I'm waiting for a 3rd-party battery replacement for my 4th Gen iPod and let's see who'll win. :sweatsm:

There's always a 3rd Party external battery pack, e.g. Belkin's :)

well, just keep on using and recharge everyday or every other day lor, i don't listen ipod for 24-hours a day anyway, i can on my iTunes/PC for that purpose ... ok ok ... i'll replace the stupid pc with a Mac in the future :sweatsm:

Wait for 24th Jan ;)

Eh, when u free? Come out leh. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.