iPod Photo or Sony PSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebbot

Mar 24, 2005
Hi all,

would like some opinions...I like to get either a iPod Photo or Sony PSP as a image viewer when I travel.

Some Pros and cons are:-

iPod Photo | Sony PSP
1. Sleeker Big Screen

2. Lower Resolution Screen Screen resoulation about the same as most
Camera LCD

3. Big Harddisk Small pathetic Harddisk

4. Cannot zoom or pan Can zoom and pan

5. Cannot view videos or Can view videos and play 'real' games
play 'real' games

I guess that's about it and if I can get the 40GB iPod Photo at around $450 which is the same price as the Sony PSP? Which is a most logical choice? :dunno:

Sony PSP, more uses for it. Ipod Photo doesnt allow you to view the pics straight after transfer from cam to ipod, can only be viewed after you pass thru Iphoto. Ipod photo is the last version of ipod I would ever choose.

thanks mate actually i was leaning towards PSP as well...went to junction 8 to test it earlier ;)

iPod Photo does allow you to view pictures direct if you get the Apple Camera Connector to transfer the pics but the downside of this is that it drains both the battery of the ipod and the camera :(

i was actually thinking of getting the sony cf adapter for shooting in the d70 but memory stick are so expensive ;(

rebbot said:
Hi all,

would like some opinions...I like to get either a iPod Photo or Sony PSP as a image viewer when I travel.

Some Pros and cons are:-

iPod Photo | Sony PSP
1. Sleeker Big Screen

2. Lower Resolution Screen Screen resoulation about the same as most
Camera LCD

3. Big Harddisk Small pathetic Harddisk

4. Cannot zoom or pan Can zoom and pan

5. Cannot view videos or Can view videos and play 'real' games
play 'real' games

I guess that's about it and if I can get the 40GB iPod Photo at around $450 which is the same price as the Sony PSP? Which is a most logical choice? :dunno:

Can u play games with Ipod viewer? Strange comparsion.....

no point. check the PSP thread for those guys that bought it and ask them for better advice. I sold Ipods before and they are not the ones for portable storage on the go. if both are not up to it. I rather you go get from other brands.

rainman said:
Can u play games with Ipod viewer? Strange comparsion.....

yup solitaire i think hehehe

TMC said:
no point. check the PSP thread for those guys that bought it and ask them for better advice. I sold Ipods before and they are not the ones for portable storage on the go. if both are not up to it. I rather you go get from other brands.

I do not need hardcore storage on the go which is why I am looking at convergent devices...really appreciate your opinions :) now my mind is more or less set on PSP liaoz :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.