iPod or Zune for photo display: Black or white?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been considering getting a sufficiently compact mobile device to show others pictures from events and stuff I shoot. Also would double off as a mobile portfolio.

I have considered the Zune too but I'm currently leaning toward the iPod due to it's size (both screens are 320x240) and weight. Both cost US$250 which is around my budget. Does anyone here use any of these devices for photo display? How well does the Zune and iPod stack up in terms of the usability, speed and features with regard to photographs?

The fact that these devices can play music is just an added bonus for me. I'm most concerned about their photo display capabilities and will base my buying decision on them. Also, do you guys think black or white is better if my intention is to use it as a photo display device?

Please enlighten.

how about a PSP? =)

i dont even think the zune is available in spore.
you might be asking the wrong crowd in CS.
you will be better off searching the forums located in the USA

if you are looking for a mobile portfolio/portable backup system w/ a screen for your photos,
you should look at other alternatives. there are better ones than the pods and zune

Have you considered the Vosonic 8350/8360/8390? I have IPOD Video (30G), Vosonic 8350 (20G), they have their advantages and disadvantages:

Vosonic is having 3.5" display vs 2.5" of IPOD, Vosonic is bigger, Vosonic has memory card readers that can directly copy/display memory cards content. Vosonic has more features than IPOD and easiler to use.

Check out their website (www.vosonic.com)

Vosonic 8350:
Music
Video
Built in Mic for voice recording
Built in Speaker
Built in Radio
Video recording
Video/photo play back to TV
Built in memory cards reader (CF, XD, SD, MS)
3.5" LCD display
20G
Cost S$399 in Singapore

IPOD Video:
Small and sleek design
Music
Need additional gadget to transfer memory from camera to IPOD (S$56)
Video
Photo
Video/photo play back to TV
2.5" LCD
Cost ??

Those are some pretty nice options but I'm concerned about their weight and size as I plan to carry it around with me in my pocket. The Vosonics look pretty good but the resolution is still 320x240 despite being 3.5". Quite hard to decide.. I guess I'm going to have to go down to an Apple Store and check out the iPod in person.

Finding a demo for the Zune might be harder though..

I'm using my Zen Vision W for my portfolio. Forget abt ipods as the screens are too small. PSP wise is also not considered as photo viewing is slow.

The battery for ipod video won't last long for photoviewing.
Get a vosonic as it have a load more advantage than ipod.

hey there are tons of zune demos around
go to Sears, Target or Walmart electronics section
not to forget Bestbuy, CC and CompUSA
almost 100% there will be a demo to test.
i didnt like the zune though.
lol I settled for the black iPod eventually due to how small that thing is. If necessary I'll upgrade to a PMP in future if there is a model as slim and light as the ipod.

Zune not having the high speed scroll wheel sort of put me off. When I tried the iPod and saw how fast it can scroll through over a hundred images with that wheel I was sold :)

It paid off today showing the new students pictures from their previous events. Thank you all for the suggestions!

yea im using the zen vision w too and im rather pleased with it:thumbsup:

Once you get the epson P3000 or can leave all the other PMPs aside :)

The Epson P3000 is not that fantastic to me though.

have you seen the P3000 in action? I rate the colors on the small 4" screen on par if not better than my IMAC.

have you seen the P3000 in action? I rate the colors on the small 4" screen on par if not better than my IMAC.

Of cos i have...but i really see nothing great in it, sad to say. Even the P-5000 is no big deal, except for a larger HDD.

Hi Snoweagle & wind30,

All of us have our own points, I don't believe there is one model that is the best in the whole world, as long as we are happy with what we have paid for, that is most important.

Only if you are the founder of one of the company, then you should try to make the whole world believe that your product is the best in the world...

After looking at the spec of the Epson, I believe its display is much better than my Vosonic (4x better), but I believe I paid much lesser than you. (only S$399 instead of .....), I am happy with my gadget because it is "Value for Money" and meet my need. Hehehehehehe........

Of cos i have...but i really see nothing great in it, sad to say. Even the P-5000 is no big deal, except for a larger HDD.

it ok. its your opinon. BTW, where did you see the P3000? Locally? Did epson Singapore bring it in already? Wondering, if epson singapore can support the P3000, in case mine breaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.