IPOD Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff chen

Sep 1, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi,

Was thinking of getting the IPOD Nano for X'mas. Can fellow users pse let me know what are some of the problems/negative aspects of the Ipod Nano pse?

I am concern about the battery life and functionality.

Thanks.

Battery Life is kinda of Short...
but functionability..is quite gd...it is the same as a normal ipod.

jeff chen said:
Hi,

Was thinking of getting the IPOD Nano for X'mas. Can fellow users pse let me know what are some of the problems/negative aspects of the Ipod Nano pse?

I am concern about the battery life and functionality.

Thanks.

There is problems in every MP3 players. Just live with it. If you keep thinking of the negative aspects, then you will never ever buy any MP3 players. Waiting for the perfect MP3 player, it's like waiting for snow in Singapore.

For me it's the hottest and coolest MP3 player in the market. Japan and some countries have sold out most of their black version.

If you want the longest battery life, then don't turn on the backlit, use the original ear plugs and play under normal weather like Singapore. I am sure you should know that if you use batteries in cold country, the lifespan is shorter.

Function wise, it's the easiest to control as it's using a wheel scroll. This is just my own opinion lar.

0.05 cents worth....

Is it? I still see tons of it at Yodobashi. White ones were out for 3 weeks at 1 point. But that is OOT.

Just get 1 and use it!

TMC said:
Is it? I still see tons of it at Yodobashi. White ones were out for 3 weeks at 1 point. But that is OOT.

Just get 1 and use it!

Well my cousin was there just last week....but not at Yodobashi. She went to Apple store at Ginza.

I love it - syncs perfectly with iTunes and battery life is pretty good for a player it's size. The display is crystal sharp. My only criticism would be the touch-sensitive control circle is a little more difficult to use compared to a full-size Ipod.

For the longest lasting battery life in any ipod, get the Shuffle... mine gives about 12-14 hours of continuous usage.

I'm looking to get a nano too but still concern about its screen problems. Does it still crack easily? I have not been following up on apple stuffs. I saw a few complains that it scratches easily. Maybe should armour plate it lol! :bsmilie: I also heard that it doesn't match the shuffle's SQ.

Oh yeah, my shuffle is durable and sounds good. Dropped it many times, shoved into pockets many times and it still sounds as good as new.

I have both the nano and shuffle and I personally think the nano sounds fuller and cleaner, not by much though. Get a screen and clickwheel protector for the nano and stick it in a case (silicon or leather), that's all the protection you really need.

Does Nano come with AC charger? If not do they sell separately and and roughly how much?

No tuner, no charger. It has a usb cable to charge from a usb port. It will accept desktop chargers from other ipods through the use of an included adapter.

Why don't you guys just go check it out for yourselves?

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Paul_Yeo said:
does Nano has FM tuner? I need this as I listen to radio often too

No la. iPods only look good. If you want tuner and better sound, look elsewhere. iriver, iaudio and Sony suit your requirments and offering better sound.

Terence:
Thanks for clarifying. But i've read different reviews thou. :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
does Nano has FM tuner? I need this as I listen to radio often too
U can get an external 3rd party tuner-cum-remote for ur iPod. AppleCentre Wheelock has it. $120.

Do bear in mind its a FM Tuner cum REMOTE. The original Apple remote with basic functionality is already $60.

been using it since oct... my first apple product. Superb menu system and ease of use in organising songs/playlists. (hahah its the 'nokia' of mp3 players.) Battery life about 12-14 hrs- satisfactory lah. Can buy 3rd party USB charger for $15 from SLS. Tiny size makes it amazingly convenient to carry around! Stock apple earbuds mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.