Ipod mini or Creative Zen touch micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com
Hi guys and gals,

Care to commend what u think would be better ?

I am now in US and i find their ipod mini selling at a cheap price than sg.
in SG, it is about S$458. Are there any place which sells ipod mini at a cheaper price than S$458. Care to reveal and recommend?

In US, it is US$229 for the ipod mini. At 1.7 conversion rate , it is about S$70 cheaper than buying in SG from Apple shop.

Care to comment and include your recommendation as to buy ipod mini or Zen micro

iPod, iPod and iPod. Nuff said.

I wun comment abt Zen Micro since I had enuff of da wars that went on and on a week or two ago.

jsbn said:
iPod, iPod and iPod. Nuff said.

I wun comment abt Zen Micro since I had enuff of da wars that went on and on a week or two ago.
haha..... :bsmilie:

Well... I got the Zen Micro instead of the Ipod Mini for the following simple reasons:
- 5GB memory on the Zen instead of 4GB on the Ipod Mini
- Intergrated FM radio on the Zen Micro
- I get to personalise its as "Szen's Zen"! ;p

song said:
Hi guys and gals,

Care to commend what u think would be better ?

I am now in US and i find their ipod mini selling at a cheap price than sg.
in SG, it is about S$458. Are there any place which sells ipod mini at a cheaper price than S$458. Care to reveal and recommend?

In US, it is US$229 for the ipod mini. At 1.7 conversion rate , it is about S$70 cheaper than buying in SG from Apple shop.

Care to comment and include your recommendation as to buy ipod mini or Zen micro

Hi Song,

S$458 is the price I've been quoted for the iPod.

Wow, US$229 is cheap! Ermmm, wonder if you mind getting it for me? I can call you or provide you my telephone number if you need it for authentication. Will give you a treat when you return perhaps? ;)

LifeWorld said:
I would go for the ipod! The ZM touch scroller is a flop..... Got problem controlling the volume.

That's what I was told too. That bad huh...

For me reasonable sound quality and ease of use have to be of priority. No point having that extra 1GB, FM radio and all that jazz if it's cumbersome to use. Life can be complicated as it is already! :p I'm leaning towards iPod now.

David said:

For me reasonable sound quality and ease of use have to be of priority. No point having that extra 1GB, FM radio and all that jazz if it's cumbersome to use. Life can be complicated as it is already! :p I'm leaning towards iPod now.

I have not found any problems using the controls at all... you just need to set the touchpad sensitivity level to low or medium and it works just fine.

you dont have to adjust any sensitivity or what nots for the ipod. the scroll wheel just works. and the ipod/itunes combination is simply the best on mac and windows platform. :D

I personally don't like either's feel and would recommend the iRiver H10.

David said:
Hi Song,

S$458 is the price I've been quoted for the iPod.

Wow, US$229 is cheap! Ermmm, wonder if you mind getting it for me? I can call you or provide you my telephone number if you need it for authentication. Will give you a treat when you return perhaps? ;)

I am fine with the ideal of getting it for you before i come back in about a week or 2. Maybe you should email me your details and phone number that i can call to. Please do it quick becos i will be going to New york for a week b4 i come back and i think Newyork is going to be selling Ipod or mini for more because it is a more expensive city. For your info, i am buying it from Upenn University computer store. So i think the things are in good order since it is a school store.

No need for dinner treat lah. You only save about $70 bucks.

By the way there is one accessory i recommend u get along : the belkin Tunecast II and their batt or car power adapter. I got the belkin tunecast II for US$30. I heard from Apple store that the tunecast II is selling at 69/79 sing dollar.

And if any clubsnapper is interested in asking me to get for them,

email me @ eng80408-internet@yahoo.com.sg

here is the price for the others :

Ipod 20GB US$269
Ipod Mini US$229
Ipod shuffle 512mb US$99
Ipod Shuffle 1GB US$139

I think the current conversion rate is about 1.67 and please add 7% tax on the prices.

song

If you look at it from an objective point of view, both has its merits. The Zen series isn't all that bad, the overly enthusiastic iPod users just make it so. The iPod isn't all that great either. It comes down to what is important to you - Extra features + better sound quality coupled with an UI which takes a little getting used to, vs something with good looks, easy UI, less functional and lower sound quality. Take your pick.

Unfortunately too many people are way biased towards one side (not unlike the famous Canon vs Nikon, OS X/Linux vs Windows type debates). :(

Regards
CK

David said:

i got ur pm. See my update on the post leh. do u like the ideal of internet bank trf?? maybe you could trf about 50% of the price to me first.

Take note of the 7% tax. The guys at the store told me that the warranty is international but i guess it is better to call apple store to pretend to ask for servicing and test if they accept overseas ipod.

You guys should try the Iriver. Yes the price is high, but you pay for the quality. There is a difference between a company that makes product and a company that makes product for consumer. Iriver is the latter of the 2. My IMP 250 discman still supported nowadays with new firmware upgrades for Ogg Vorbis although I bought it almost 3 years back. Does your Creative or IPod do that? They do not even listen to end consumers cry for more features, and not that stable or great in quality at all.

song said:
i got ur pm. See my update on the post leh. do u like the ideal of internet bank trf?? maybe you could trf about 50% of the price to me first.

Take note of the 7% tax. The guys at the store told me that the warranty is international but i guess it is better to call apple store to pretend to ask for servicing and test if they accept overseas ipod.

Ok, I'll go ask Apple.. hopefully they are open tomorrow. (Sat)

Internet banking.. ok for me. But I have no internet account to do that. Might just ask my friend to help me trf. Thanks. Will update u.

Guys, if you do some shopping around in Singapore, you can get the ipods cheaper than what the Apple shop sells them for. I just got a 20gig - Apple shop: $548, i got it for $510. I'm sure it would be similar for the mini. Differnce of $20-30 doesn't seem all that worth it...

buckwheat said:
Guys, if you do some shopping around in Singapore, you can get the ipods cheaper than what the Apple shop sells them for. I just got a 20gig - Apple shop: $548, i got it for $510. I'm sure it would be similar for the mini. Differnce of $20-30 doesn't seem all that worth it...

hi, care to share where u get the stuff from??

haha, here we go again. :bsmilie:

personally, i'd get both. can't decide actually.

mini is stylishly designed, hip and sohisticated. micro is fun, colourful, value for money (in terms of in-built features)

Status
Not open for further replies.