iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop or Portable Hard Disk?

Preferred: iPod Classic; iPad; Laptop; Portable Hard Disk or Others???

Results are only viewable after voting.

PhotoProZero

Jan 25, 2007
NorthEast
My friends are all trying to convince me to get an iPad and I feel otherwise. However, comments they gave, put some thought into my head as to review my 1001 reasons why I shouldn't get an iPad. Hence, would like to have a poll.

Mainly for traveling or even events' photography purpose as a probable storage for your photos. If you can only choose 1 from the above selections, what will it be??? ;p

Last edited:
I dun think a portable harddisk can function on it's own...so ya need a laptop with it, in that case, might as well just get a laptop with sufficient free harddisk space?

I think ipad is decent, small and compact to carry around. Battery life is pretty good too, and power up immediately like the iphone. Cons is you either need a camera kit or eye fi to transfer your files over.

For me, I'm going with the ipad route...but i using the ipad not as a storage, since I dun think I can fill up 2 x 16GB so far, but mainly as a bigger screen for preview my photos when travelling.

I dun think a portable harddisk can function on it's own...so ya need a laptop with it, in that case, might as well just get a laptop with sufficient free harddisk space?

I think ipad is decent, small and compact to carry around. Battery life is pretty good too, and power up immediately like the iphone. Cons is you either need a camera kit or eye fi to transfer your files over.

For me, I'm going with the ipad route...but i using the ipad not as a storage, since I dun think I can fill up 2 x 16GB so far, but mainly as a bigger screen for preview my photos when travelling.

1. There are external media drives - basically a harddisk with memory card readers, no need to attach to a laptop.

2. iPad and iPhone have a camera connection kit, but it's SLOOOOOW. and the iPad has very limited storage space.

I'd suggest just buying extra memory cards. They're cheap.

iPad for storage? Nah.

I'd recommend getting a netbook instead.

Get a macbook.
Be it storage, accessing your photos, photo editting, basic laptop functions, you name it, they have it.

iPad is a big NoNo to me.
Its like an oversized iPod Touch, too big to bring it out and keep it when your eating, and its too weak at home.(compared to laptop/netbook)

Maybe iPad is the way of life if...
you have an online portfolio and you have wifi/3g plan, however it can be done simply using a macbook. ;)

I'm not really into iPad..yah, I mean, I own an iPhone; iPod and a Mac, but it doesnt seem compelling enuf to just buy an iPad to store photos. Haha, the amount I spend on an iPad, i can buy another lens to add into my collection! :)

I'm not really into iPad..yah, I mean, I own an iPhone; iPod and a Mac, but it doesnt seem compelling enuf to just buy an iPad to store photos. Haha, the amount I spend on an iPad, i can buy another lens to add into my collection! :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
yes, itouch, iphone and macbook. no point getting ipad!