iPod Camera Connector Quick Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebbot

Mar 24, 2005
Hi all,

I thought that some might be interested in a quick feedback on the above device since there were no reviews of it. I just got back from Hokkaido, Japan. Throughout the trip, I have been using my iPod Video to store pictures whenever my CF card got full. As I have only brought along two 1GB CF cards and one 512MB Memory Stick, I was quite restricted to not being able to snap away happily. I used it with my Nikon D2X and my Sony DSC-F717.

Pros:-

1) Simple and easy to use
2) No corrupted pictures as I experienced with some image banks
3) Viewing the pictures on the iPod screen was a joy and the colors seem to look better compared to my D2X or Sony LCD screen

Cons:-

1) Was only able to do 2 transfer of about 200 pictures in total on a full battery charge under room temp :cry:

Didnt you find it slow? I find it buggy as a simple shake will lead to connection loss. :think:

Klose said:
Didnt you find it slow? I find it buggy as a simple shake will lead to connection loss. :think:

Hmmm slow? 1GB of pictures from the D2X took about 15mins max I think and 512MB of pictures from the Sony F717 took less than 10mins.

I was moving my iPod all over during the transfer as I was on the bus while transfering ;) hmmm so no connection loss.

rebbot said:
Hi all,

I thought that some might be interested in a quick feedback on the above device since there were no reviews of it. I just got back from Hokkaido, Japan. Throughout the trip, I have been using my iPod Video to store pictures whenever my CF card got full. As I have only brought along two 1GB CF cards and one 512MB Memory Stick, I was quite restricted to not being able to snap away happily. I used it with my Nikon D2X and my Sony DSC-F717.

Pros:-

1) Simple and easy to use
2) No corrupted pictures as I experienced with some image banks
3) Viewing the pictures on the iPod screen was a joy and the colors seem to look better compared to my D2X or Sony LCD screen

Cons:-

1) Was only able to do 2 transfer of about 200 pictures in total on a full battery charge under room temp :cry:
What you need is a 4 AA battery USB socket holder, charge the IPOD in the bag while you ar shooting. It cost only less than S$15 and it is very handy, it can be used to charge your phone also while travelling.
Battery-USB.jpg

rebbot said:
Hmmm slow? 1GB of pictures from the D2X took about 15mins max I think and 512MB of pictures from the Sony F717 took less than 10mins.

I was moving my iPod all over during the transfer as I was on the bus while transfering ;) hmmm so no connection loss.

strange only used it with my video, think i will give it a shot with the nano.

poh6702 said:
What you need is a 4 AA battery USB socket holder, charge the IPOD in the bag while you ar shooting. It cost only less than S$15 and it is very handy, it can be used to charge your phone also while travelling.
Battery-USB.jpg

Swell and I did not know such a device exists~ Thanks mate! and I assume this can be found at SLS probably? :)

Klose said:
strange only used it with my video, think i will give it a shot with the nano.

I was using it with my video as well. hmmm~ weird :confused:

rebbot said:
Swell and I did not know such a device exists~ Thanks mate! and I assume this can be found at SLS probably? :)
Yes, it is available everywhere in SLS, just have to look out for it. It should be less than $15.

I just ordered the connector also, 1gb in 15minutes does sound slow compared to direct transfer to computer via firewire. but I guess it's still not too bad.

How does other banks fair? Is the ipod slower?

gomobile said:
I just ordered the connector also, 1gb in 15minutes does sound slow compared to direct transfer to computer via firewire. but I guess it's still not too bad.

How does other banks fair? Is the ipod slower?

you got the video as well? WeEeEeEeeEEeeeee~ :p

its slow coz it displays the photo that it is transfering on screen during the transfer. I think it is not that quick defintely when compared to other image banks but I do not wanna get a image bank specifically juz to transfer images. Its like how often do I use it man? :)

heh heh, the funny thing i got the connectors before i get the ipod video.

heh heh heh. soonish.

do u noe where i can get the ipdo camera connector in singapore???
very interested....but can only transfer 200 pics with full batt is a big con...

sorry for the hijack, may I know is there a device like this for the Zen vision M too?

The bad problem with creative products is that no one really wants to accessorize it cause its not the no. 1 mp3 player around. so if u are really lucky then can find

Status
Not open for further replies.