iphoto headache! help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardsam

Jun 19, 2008
Hi i'm trying to compile a few hundred photos from different cameras. As one of the cameras had the timing set wrongly, i had intended to make a batch change of the time difference for that particular batch on iphoto.. simple enough right? But apparently, iphoto does not make changes to the original file and will only recognize the time change on iphoto!

Okay nvm, i thought, I'd just work in iphoto and burn a disc thru iphoto.. I arranged the photos according to date picture taken and batch renamed all the photos as camp 001, 002 etc. At least people can view the pictures in order, yes? wrong again! The original files are still the default IMG XXX, DSCF XXX etc etc. And worse still, iPhoto does not have an internal burner of its own but uses the default mac burning program. So i can't burn my photos in the alphanumeric order through iphoto. And the original filenames and date picture taken have not been edited at all! it's only reflected in iphoto.

Can anyone advise please? sorry for the lengthy post but it's really a headache! am rather regretting making the switch to Mac argh..

I'm using iPhoto 7.1.4 btw. Thanks!

I use GPSPhotoLinker.app to change the timestamp. It's free.
I'm sure there r other better software, but this is enuff for me.

How about using Automator? Might take abit of fiddling, and abit of luck, but should work just fine.

thanks will try what you guys have suggested =)

Hi i'm trying to compile a few hundred photos from different cameras. As one of the cameras had the timing set wrongly, i had intended to make a batch change of the time difference for that particular batch on iphoto.. simple enough right? But apparently, iphoto does not make changes to the original file and will only recognize the time change on iphoto!

Okay nvm, i thought, I'd just work in iphoto and burn a disc thru iphoto.. I arranged the photos according to date picture taken and batch renamed all the photos as camp 001, 002 etc. At least people can view the pictures in order, yes? wrong again! The original files are still the default IMG XXX, DSCF XXX etc etc. And worse still, iPhoto does not have an internal burner of its own but uses the default mac burning program. So i can't burn my photos in the alphanumeric order through iphoto. And the original filenames and date picture taken have not been edited at all! it's only reflected in iphoto.

Can anyone advise please? sorry for the lengthy post but it's really a headache! am rather regretting making the switch to Mac argh..

I'm using iPhoto 7.1.4 btw. Thanks!

Am i correct to say that u r looking at exporting your photos in a particular order onto a CD. Have u tried iPhoto export? It's a freeware and it is available here:

http://osx.iusethis.com/app/iphotoexport

Or have I misunderstood your post...?

>>>BTW, if u choose "Sequential" under "Use Filename" when u export, that shld allow u to export your pic in the events in the sequence that u've arranged it to be, in the name that u chosen?

dan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.