iPhone4 is OUT..!!!

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Is here..!!!

The overall feeling is soooooo good.....!!!
Solid build and well finishing...

Felt is much better than iPhone 3Gs.

The line start from here outside the Apple shop

image4tv.jpg

Not quite the end of the line yet...

image3rg.jpg

Last edited:
you must be in Japan...
here must wait till next month.

Can a phone be worth waiting in a long line?

Several countries are selling the thing today and people were already in line but it's just a phone.

:bsmilie: to us it may be just a phone, but to some this is product from a brand they worship everyday.

Are you sure this is not HiPhone4 ? What's the hurry to have to queue up for one? It's not as if you won't be able to buy it later.

Last edited:
Are you sure this is not HiPhone4 ? What's the hurry to have to queue up for one? It's not as if you won't be able to buy it later.

People got time and money mah…

Like for me, work for 6 days a week, at least 10 hours a day and pay less less:cry:

So I go online order Phone from Google and ask them to send to me in 4 days time shipment and cost lesser ;)

Last edited:
I think I can understand why people are queuing up for iPhones, after changing from my Windows Mobile phone to the 3GS last year. It's not only visually better, but it works more stable than the Windows Mobile phones. I have not reset it once since my purchase last year, not forgetting the number of apps the Apps Store can offer.

However, having to queue for iPhone for me is a waste of time. I'll only go online to purchase it or go down to service provider to buy it after the 'heat' is over, and after price reduction! ;)

:bsmilie: to us it may be just a phone, but to some this is product from a brand they worship everyday.

Indeed. I've been using Apple products daily since 1993 and I still don't see worshiping anything. I was a moderator on the world's largest Apple computer related forums and after a few months with the phones, I quit. :sweat:

It didn't help that local people were pushing them in my face. :bsmilie:

I wouldn't mind having a smart phone but I have yet to see the need and I have an iPod touch for playing games.

to some, i think its just "Cool" to be the first few to own the latest gadget that the world is lusting for .

that probably explains the long queue.

I think I can understand why people are queuing up for iPhones, after changing from my Windows Mobile phone to the 3GS last year. It's not only visually better, but it works more stable than the Windows Mobile phones. I have not reset it once since my purchase last year, not forgetting the number of apps the Apps Store can offer.

However, having to queue for iPhone for me is a waste of time. I'll only go online to purchase it or go down to service provider to buy it after the 'heat' is over, and after price reduction! ;)

The WM6.5 is quite stable. I have not resetted it at all. I am hoping that WM7 would be a hugh step forward. I still am keeping to a WMD despite all the hype about iPhone due to the need to syncronize with my desktop.

The WM6.5 is quite stable. I have not resetted it at all. I am hoping that WM7 would be a hugh step forward. I still am keeping to a WMD despite all the hype about iPhone due to the need to syncronize with my desktop.

I am a WM 6.5 users too. And agree it is stable. And WM 7.0 is even better !

Windows Mobile can do multi tasking for long long time ago !

iPhone 4 with iOS4 is just learning how to do multi tasking :sweat:

I am a WM 6.5 users too. And agree it is stable. And WM 7.0 is even better !

Windows Mobile can do multi tasking for long long time ago !

iPhone 4 with iOS4 is just learning how to do multi tasking :sweat:

I'm not trying to start a WM and iPhone war here, but one have to try the iPhone to be able to appreciate its interface, smooth flow of apps, etc.

I was a worshipper of WM for many years, until last year I decided to give up and switch camp. I had too many unhappy instances with WM liao. After I've changed to iPhone, no regrets so far. Simply love the many apps it can provide, and the full touch screen.

I'm not trying to start a WM and iPhone war here, but one have to try the iPhone to be able to appreciate its interface, smooth flow of apps, etc.

I was a worshipper of WM for many years, until last year I decided to give up and switch camp. I had too many unhappy instances with WM liao. After I've changed to iPhone, no regrets so far. Simply love the many apps it can provide, and the full touch screen.

i agreed... being a WM user for years... get many unhappy experience with it... From HTC tytn 2 to HTC touch pro 2, both my friend and i have the same issue from WM... Maybe we tweaked it too much or pushes the limit of what WM can and cannot do... WM just dun works well from our experiences.

No blaming or bias to any products or OS or whatever it is. :)

What about iPhone vs Android? I'm still contemplating between the iPhone 4 & HTC Desire. I like the hi-res screen, gyroscope and tons of apps of the iPhone 4, but prefer the Android's open standard. :think:

Hooray! The iPhone4 is OUT!

And, the iPhone4 has an antenna problem that will IRRITATE the hell out of ppl who hold it in their left hands!
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/some-iphone-4-models-see-signals-drop-to-0-when-held-left-handed

Thanks for this piece of information. I am holding my phone with my left hand! Actually, it also doesn't matter much, as I always buy a casing for all my phones. :bsmilie:

Actually, all product will have problems. It's just how the manufacturer deals with it via customer support, and also whether there is a workaround.

For this case, it proves that my decision of not going for it once launched is correct. :)

HoldDifferent.jpg

Sorry i can't resist HAHAHAHA!!!

But dun get me wrong, not mocking apple. In the past i always told my frens not to hold their phones with index & middle finger supporting the back cos that area is where the horizontal antenna is located. Miraculously, the reception improves immediately. :lovegrin:

What about iPhone vs Android? I'm still contemplating between the iPhone 4 & HTC Desire. I like the hi-res screen, gyroscope and tons of apps of the iPhone 4, but prefer the Android's open standard. :think:

Android has a long way to go and because it's open (and not a standard), every vendor implements it the way they want. It's already a problem as you don't know that your phone will ever be upgraded to the next release of Android.

I'm still not sure about HTC's phones. They've improved but they're still not great quality.

HoldDifferent.jpg

Sorry i can't resist HAHAHAHA!!!

But dun get me wrong, not mocking apple. In the past i always told my frens not to hold their phones with index & middle finger supporting the back cos that area is where the horizontal antenna is located. Miraculously, the reception improves immediately. :lovegrin:

It's easier just to get a case and forget it but yes, the hand positioning is a pain. Would people rather remember to extend the antenna(e)?

Candy bar phones have to have the antenna(e) in odd places that people will probably touch. The iPhone 4 design was obviously known to have this issue or else, they wouldn't be selling those "rubber bands" to put around the phone.