iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cichlid

Dec 2, 2006
S'pore
Hi, I am considering to get the iphone 3G

I want it for the big screen, threaded sms and Wifi.

Can current owners of the phone give some comments?

Whats the pros and cons?

I know it can't forward smses, and no copy and paste function unless have it modded.

Thanks

Last edited:
with the os 3.0 coming out , it will have copy and paste . you have listed most of the pros .cons is that the 'home' button will be unresponsive overtime, drop calls , no signals...but the good thing is that you can 1 to 1 exchange .

lets seee...

cons first ...
cons:
big
bulky
no radio

pros:
mp3 player replacement
psp replacemetn(lots of games)
video player replacement
can surf net

etc etc etc. different people different taste. im still not an iphone fan even though im using it.

Well, big screen, threaded SMS and wifi can be found in a lot of other phones too.

Another important 1 is
Poor battery life - 1 day to 2 day at most
Next is battery cannot be changed by yourself. Need to send for servicing and battery is around $180 incl service charge.

so what are the current non apple smart phones available?

Apple is the "new kid on the block" in terms of smartphone technology. Symbian, Palm and even windows Mobile have been in the game far longer. There are about 200+ non-apple smartphones out there.

so what are the current non apple smart phones available?

HTC is another good phone that I have been using it for 3years with upgrading to newer models in the market.

BB storm?
forget it.
had it for 2 weeks.had been in cupboard since.

no wifi btw.

pros:

alot of features
plenty of fun games
touch screen
wifi
less laggy safari

cons:

cant forward mail
cannot send the same sms to multiple ppl
no interchangeble battery
batt dies fast
needs a crappy itunes to sync it

Guess what...I was at the Hello shop just now intending to buy the iPhone...after some enquiry, I changed my mind....cos at the back of my mind, i was thinking "no bluetooth, no bluetooth".

I think i can't have a phone w/o bluetooth function ( i dont want to mod it)....so I gave up the iPhone idea....

Guess what...I was at the Hello shop just now intending to buy the iPhone...after some enquiry, I changed my mind....cos at the back of my mind, i was thinking "no bluetooth, no bluetooth".

I think i can't have a phone w/o bluetooth function ( i dont want to mod it)....so I gave up the iPhone idea....

iPhone has bluetooth just the normal BT chip for call taking only, not the A2DP type where you can listen to music via bluetooth.

Till date, only problem with my iPhone is signal strength. Not sure if it is my old 3G card problem or what as I have been using my 3G card since 1999. ;)

iPhone has bluetooth just the normal BT chip for call taking only, not the A2DP type where you can listen to music via bluetooth.

Till date, only problem with my iPhone is signal strength. Not sure if it is my old 3G card problem or what as I have been using my 3G card since 1999. ;)

I dont need bluetooth headset function, just normal transfer of files between PCs and other handphones, like that also cannot....must mod i dont like :think:

I dont need bluetooth headset function, just normal transfer of files between PCs and other handphones, like that also cannot....must mod i dont like :think:

if im not wrong.. i have an app that i downloaded on the app store where i can send and receive files from another iphone over the same network.. and it did for my gf's iphone and mine.. but i dont think can send with other phones.. also, another one while lets you transfer songs and mainly all kinds of files through network from computer to iphone. hope that helps.. my phone is not jailbroken btw..so it can do so much already.. imagine with it JB...

Last edited:
There are thousands of apps if your phone is JBed.

I had used 3 windows based phones and 1 linux based phones and have to say none of them can make it, except perhaps the linux one, which was not released in SG anyways. I think the important point to note here is the intergration of the SW and HW. I find almost most Windows based phones have poor intergration with Windows Mobile. The reason why the iphone is much stable is because apple makes it. Simple as that. Microsoft has to cater to so many OEM phone makers, do you think they have all the issues work out. Not to say apple does, but I think the rate is much much lower.

I had a phone that had to be reset everyday, another drains the battery in half a day. The strength of the iphone can be said that it is supported directly by apple, as well as the authorised apps from the itune store. I also had experiences where the OEM blames Microsoft and I guess Microsoft can also say that about the OEMs, and most OEMs are busy pushing out the many latest models instead of focusing on a single product.

The iPhone 3G has Bluetooth.
You may need to get an app to use it to store files though.

And, there may be a lot of other smartphones out there, but the integration of the OS is done really nicely on the iPhone.
iPhone 3.0 will finally add mms and other features, so thats a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.