Iphone Shoot

Disagree. You'd need studio lighting, a beautiful model, and a bloody good DI artist to post process the files :D

its been posted here before. building on what zan82 said, it shows that equipment can merely make the job easier. but its not impossible to get great shots with lower end stuff :)

If you look at his lighting equipment and the before/after pics, you'll realise that you need much more than just an iPhone. If I am to be convinced of low-cost equipment producing high quality images, I need to see a cheap phone camera (iPhone is considered expensive already considering the price of the mobile plan you have to pay) and cheap DIY lighting equipment you can get from hardware stores (including DIY soft boxes or reflectors etc). I don't mind PP since that's quite accessible by anyone (provided it's done in GIMP or some other free photo editing software). His lighting equipment and PP computer+software probably costs more than a full frame DSLR and lens, so it doesn't prove anything.

With the same amount of money a good photographer can produce much better and higher resolution photos than him. It's just proving that he just knows how to save on camera but overspend on lighting equipment and modifiers, meaning inefficient use of money.

Last edited:
I think he's trying to show the camera is not everything in take a high quality shot, like if you have good lighting and setup, any form of cameras can produce good photos

I think he's trying to show the camera is not everything in take a high quality shot, like if you have good lighting and setup, any form of cameras can produce good photos

My point is, if you are using an iPhone to take pictures, you probably can't afford $10,000 worth of lighting. And the before and after photos just shows the kind of tonality the phone camera can give you: not much.

Last edited:
try shooting extreme dark outdoor.

i bet even a pns beats iphone down. :bsmilie:

PS: I am an iphone user btw

Meh. He'd have gotten better results with a better cameraphone.