iPhone repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
This is my experience from today.

I accidently dropped my iPhone from waist level today whilst trying to put it back into my pocket after use, this is the first time i've dropped it. So as any sane person would do was check the functionality and then the cosmetics. To my horror i saw that the area between the chrome ring and the speaker had "popped out" ( like got lobang ). :cry:

So i thought, ok la give me excuse take time off go orchard get it fix and jalan jalan :bsmilie:. So i headed down to wheelock took a q no. and waited and waited and waited.. ( You know how long they take.. ). Until it was my turn, so i showed the counter staff my iphone. This is how it went:

Counter staff: "Oh we don't do servicing for iphone."
me: " Uh ok, if Apple doesn't service my iPhone which is by Apple then who does"
(I mean if u buy a SE hp from any Telco and if it breaks or anything of course u go to SE service centre right?)
counter staff: " Only singtels authorized to do servicing for the iphone"
( Sounded resonable at this point, because they are retailing it exclusively)

What the heck so i called up Cust. Service and spoke to thier representitive, Told him the exact problem, he told me i could go down to comms centre (Behind somerset MRT). Walked down and spoke to the receptionist there and gasp! guess what?

He tells me Singtel doesn't provide repair services for the iphone! They only do exchange, and i have to pay $350 for a new set. I asked him if both apple and singtel doesn't do this kind of minor repairs then who does.

His reply?

"Go 3rd party Hp shop" (On a side note, is there any non-beng 3rd party HP shop?)

WIN :thumbsup:

Tired + Lazy to argue i went home busted out my screw driver and fixed it myself. :sweat:

But seriously how can both apple and singtel provide such repair services, i find it funny. Not like i no money to pay or what. Even if i had made a fuss ( Like the auntie at wheelock place, she scolded the counter girl until she cried.. Over dead pixels. ), They would probably stick to the buy new set at 350 thing. An Apple should provide such services right since it's thier product, dun't tell me Singtels Exclusivness includes repair???

Thoughts?

Last edited:
U wanna send Steve Jobs an email? or whoever next in line...

what good would that do :bsmilie:

Anyways this is just a heads up to iphone users. :sweat:

Got... u send liao, then he reply, u can print it... frame it up... then forward to us so next time we know where to service... :bsmilie:

lol and hopefully give me the new iphone while he's at it yea? :bsmilie:

iPhone = consumer electronics.

Puhleeze, NO ONE repairs consumer electronics, you are supposed to dispose them in around 18 months or when the latest version is released, whichever comes first.

;p

(I'm joking of course, other than the comment made about consumer electronics being disposable and all that)

iPhone = consumer electronics.

Puhleeze, NO ONE repairs consumer electronics, you are supposed to dispose them in around 18 months or when the latest version is released, whichever comes first.

;p

(I'm joking of course, other than the comment made about consumer electronics being disposable and all that)

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! dammit, i guess I'll have a pretty cool paper weight in the near future then. :sweat:

This is my experience from today.

I accidently dropped my iPhone from waist level today whilst trying to put it back into my pocket after use, this is the first time i've dropped it. So as any sane person would do was check the functionality and then the cosmetics. To my horror i saw that the area between the chrome ring and the speaker had "popped out" ( like got lobang ). :cry:

So i thought, ok la give me excuse take time off go orchard get it fix and jalan jalan :bsmilie:. So i headed down to wheelock took a q no. and waited and waited and waited.. ( You know how long they take.. ). Until it was my turn, so i showed the counter staff my iphone. This is how it went:

Counter staff: "Oh we don't do servicing for iphone."
me: " Uh ok, if Apple doesn't service my iPhone which is by Apple then who does"
(I mean if u buy a SE hp from any Telco and if it breaks or anything of course u go to SE service centre right?)
counter staff: " Only singtels authorized to do servicing for the iphone"
( Sounded resonable at this point, because they are retailing it exclusively)

What the heck so i called up Cust. Service and spoke to thier representitive, Told him the exact problem, he told me i could go down to comms centre (Behind somerset MRT). Walked down and spoke to the receptionist there and gasp! guess what?

He tells me Singtel doesn't provide repair services for the iphone! They only do exchange, and i have to pay $350 for a new set. I asked him if both apple and singtel doesn't do this kind of minor repairs then who does.

His reply?

"Go 3rd party Hp shop" (On a side note, is there any non-beng 3rd party HP shop?)

WIN :thumbsup:

Tired + Lazy to argue i went home busted out my screw driver and fixed it myself. :sweat:

But seriously how can both apple and singtel provide such repair services, i find it funny. Not like i no money to pay or what. Even if i had made a fuss ( Like the auntie at wheelock place, she scolded the counter girl until she cried.. Over dead pixels. ), They would probably stick to the buy new set at 350 thing. An Apple should provide such services right since it's thier product, dun't tell me Singtels Exclusivness includes repair???

Thoughts?
You should post big big in HWZ and Stomp!

And cc. To M1 and SH. :devil:

The part about Apple not repairing iphones sounds ridiculous to me. Its like Borneo Motors saying that they do not fix Toyotas.

The part about Apple not repairing iphones sounds ridiculous to me. Its like Borneo Motors saying that they do not fix Toyotas.

Tell me about it. I mean if Apple doesn't provide repairs to thier own products who else will??

You should post big big in HWZ and Stomp!

And cc. To M1 and SH. :devil:

I don't have a HWZ and stomp account nor have i been to anyone of them. lol.

call apple cust service. I think there were similar cases b4 and the cust service ppl pressured singtel. But of course u have to pressure the ppl at apple first.

call apple cust service. I think there were similar cases b4 and the cust service ppl pressured singtel. But of course u have to pressure the ppl at apple first.
If it happened before and it's still happening, then Apple pushing is no use. Must let M1 and SH do the pushing. Especially when next gen iphone is on the way.

Singtel is getting too big headed with it's monopoly.

Palm also do not repair your Palm handphone.

They will give you a "new" Palm for a one to one exchange. However, you do not need to pay $350!

Status
Not open for further replies.