iphone/ipod emergency battery (non branded) anyone use b4?

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor

I am thinking of buying a China made no brand emergency battery 1900

are they any good?

There r many in market
Nice to use especially iPhone is power hungry
I use unbranded n very happy with it
Never leave home without it!

Cheers

I bought a solar/USB powered emergency batt for my iPhone (550 MAh) online. It did not work. So they offered to send me another free one. Will see how it goes.

branded u can go for hyper mac
else u can take a look at dealextreme.com

Ortega, I have one which I bought from the apple shop at funan, not branded and mic.
So far so good. However, would suggest to buy from those apple shop, in case any problem still can go back to the shop.

I am thinking of buying a China made no brand emergency battery 1900

are they any good?

Tried 1 of the cheapo ext charger, didn't work.

Now using Sanyo KBC-L2s about $50+ on eBay.

i saw one that is 1900MAh going for less than $30 at punggol plaza
tested it with an iPod touch and it worked

thinking of buying it but also thinking of getting a more branded one like Energizer/GP/Sanyo

thinking of buying it but also thinking of getting a more branded one like Energizer/GP/Sanyo

Beware, it is not whether it will work when you tested it, it is about if you can fully charge your iPhone or iPad.

My cheapo ext batt can only charge my iPhone for 10 min and the thing shuts down, I think it thinks that the phone is fully charged.

The Sanyo can charge 2 to 3 times my iPhone 4 from 10% ( the most I tried is 2 X, never needed more.)

Further more it can charge my other stuff like mifi etc.

Then again there are many different cheap ext batt around, some might work, some might not.

Till date my fave is Sanyo KBC-L2s, but even in the Sanyo family some don't fully charge your iPhone.

i think u can get exactly the same one from hwz mo at less than $20

FYI, I got one around $14 for eBay. Charges about ~50% but takes forever (like >1hr). When charging while playing game or streaming video (battery intensive activities), it will stop charging, so best to just leave it or charge when your phone is unused (in your bag etc).

For something this cheap, I really can't complain. But I am tempted at some reputable 3rd batt packs (e.g. Exolife, Mophie Juice Pack) that acts as a case protector but adds a bit of bulk to the slender iPhone. The real bummer would be price, costing northwards of SGD$100.

I would say go for the Sanyo charger as it is multi-purpose and presents the highest bang-for-buck, though my China battery is sufficient for 90% of my daily needs ;)

actualli i feel that the emergency batt charge very slow. but still it recovers realli alot. but wad i realise is the usb thingy from the battery charging the iphone not realli stable. if accidently bend abit may damage the iphone usb port lei.

Bought one from Dealextreme at $5/6 (conversion from exchange rate) with other usb AA charger. Charge free electricity from company's pc and put the AA batteries into the Iphone portable charger. It charges as fast as plugin charger but up to 80% charges. But Who cares, its so cheap and it works very well.. ;)

bought 1 at the computer fair (cannot remember which one since there r 4 a year) some time ago, has been my life saver since. cost only about $30 when i bought it..

cheap china no brand one?
Does it work as claimed?

not sure if i want to spend my hard earned money on something that i might only use during vacation.

cheap china no brand one?
Does it work as claimed?

not sure if i want to spend my hard earned money on something that i might only use during vacation.

yes, it works quite nicely. only bad thing is my iphone becomes 1.5times as long with the external charger, can only hold it or put in shirt pocket :) (small problem actually). Dont expect it to recharge your iphone in an instant thou. In My case, from 20% to 95% and above, takes about an hr.

I cant find any brand on my external charger, dont even know if its from china. I always place it in my car, in case i need it, plug it in my iphone when i need to and bring it along, better than car chargers cause u will need to be in the car all the time with the engine on and cheaper too.

Another alternative to share, I bought a usb cable that is similar to our iphone usb cable supposedly for ipod from Daiso, only $2! can use to charge or transfer materials using your laptop too.

the same one can be bought from ebay at 1/3 of its price.

If you have an iPad too, better wait for Sanyo KBC-L2Bs that can charge iPad with 1A output. The existing L2s/L2As is not able to charge iPad.