iPhone and Made by Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004

Teardown Reveals iPhones Contain Many Samsung-Made Components, According to Report

5 July 2007

The Korea Times reported that high-tech sites such as iFixit.com which took iPhones apart to see which outfits are supplying the components of the highly-anticipated gizmos, revealed many of the cornerstone parts were produced by Samsung Electronics and its sister companies.

Among the components, Samsung made the iPhone's main processor and flash memory chips. At the same time, Samsung SDI is one of the international players that offered lithium-ion batteries for the pricey iPhone (up to $600). Samsung Electro-Mechanics also shipped capacitors, which save electricity inside the iPhone, to US-based Apple that came up with the device.

Apple aims to sell 10 million iPhones by next year.

at least its from sumsung...

I don't think there is any electronic brands that will fabricate all the components on their own. Samsung is known to be a major manufacturer in processor and memory chips, so no surprise to see their component inside the iPhone. I'm sure there are other brands components inside the iPhone.

That's not a secret. If you read newspaper reports, they tell you that. Apple makes it very clear who the chipmaker is, and where most of the parts are from. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you open up any consumer electronic equipment, you will get the same story.

next guess: who manufactures the Digic III ?

next guess: who manufactures the Digic III ?

Canon themselves are chipmaker. I believe they opted for in-house.

LCD comes from another company tho, as well as the sensor for their digicams.

Canon themselves are chipmaker. I believe they opted for in-house.

http://www.pma-show.com/canon/004_digic_image_sensor.html

"The development of DIGIC and DIGIC II has been made possible by the vast amount of resources Canon has allocated to research and development over many years, and the company's position as a manufacturer of its own electronic components and circuitry," Worley explains. "By increasing its experience in the manufacture of Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) for its digital camera production line, Canon has ensured that every major piece of hardware required for the construction of the Canon EOS 350D is provided in-house. This puts Canon in a special position in the digital SLR market, a company that produces every significant element that goes into its cameras, from the lenses to the electronics and internal hardware, and in the case of the Canon EOS 350D, the actual sensor itself."

The important thing is, iPhone is designed by Apple.

well, nikon ccds are made by sony.

I wouldn't be surprise if some of the parts are manufactured there, even if the parent company is from somewhere else.

maybe the raw material from india ba...

Brain by apple, material from China, made in Korea anymore to add?

Status
Not open for further replies.