iPhone 5 as compact camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

valenlks

Mar 22, 2011
hi everyone! is it worthy of getting a iphone 5 as a compact camera? I already have a dslr but thought if the iPhone 5 provides acceptable image quality as a compact camera. Pls advice. Thank you!

hi everyone! is it worthy of getting a iphone 5 as a compact camera? I already have a dslr but thought if the iPhone 5 provides acceptable image quality as a compact camera. Pls advice. Thank you!

Hundreds of such articles online. It's up to you what "acceptable" is. Do note the iPhone5 has a so-so camera only. Many other phones have far better image quality.

i think pretty alright. lol.

We don't know what is acceptable to you. Personally, I don't touch any iStuffs. If you like the apple, go and get it. But maybe you want to have a look at some compact cameras first..? Some of them might be able to do phone calls, too - in near future :)

Maybe ts should go over to mobile phones corner and look see look see how the images look.can ask directly the users too.

In outdoor daylight, it performs ok. But not for indoors and night situations

It is a handy phone and camera. I use it all the time. For casual shots, I don't see the problem. If it's meant for the Louvre, then maybe you want something better.

If you're asking about the best camera phone on the market, i think the iPhone 5 is one of the better ones. there are probably some phones that take even better pics but (even though i'm not an apple fan at ALL) i admit the iPhone camera is one of the better ones.

However, if you're simply looking for a good compact camera, there are so many better options, for much cheaper than the iPhone. I'm not sure how much you're planning on spending on an iPhone, but i'm pretty sure that it's going to be more than what you will have to spend on a good/very good compact that can take far better pictures than any phone can

then what you gonna use for post process? instagram?

look there's plenty of compact point & shoot camera's out there, cheaper & better than iphone 5.

imho only :)

Last edited:
Your best camera is always the one you left at home :bsmilie:
The 2nd best camera is the one that's on you :bsmilie:

iPhone 5 is the lightest camera in the world. its inside your phone, as good as nothing.

valenlks said:

Samsung Galaxy S4 - 13MP cam.

haha have to wait for May.

then again..

TS uses wat OS now? android or IOS? apps helps too..in the app store or google play store..

No. A camera is a camera & a phone is a phone.

No it is not worthy to get iPhone5 (8MP) as a compact camera. It seems the iPhone5 lens (no brand lens made in China??) is roughly equal to
a 33mm lens with a (fixed) f22 aperture on a full-frame camera.

Phones with much better cameras:
Samsung Galaxy S4 and Sony Experia Z both 13 MP. You can drop the Sony Experia Z into a fish tank, take it out and carry on taking photos. Please try that with your iPhone 5 and let us know what happened.

Nokia 808 41MP with
Carl Zeiss lens

Last edited:
iPhone 5 is the lightest camera in the world. its inside your phone, as good as nothing.
Please share with us where you got this from, quite entertaining. Or are you only weighing the lens / sensor unit?

imo it depends on the functionality...if you already have a dslr for the important/special functions or occasions, you just need a mobile camera for casual/simple/on-the-spot usage; i think any high end phone like the galaxy flagships or the iphone would suffice?

TheLoneRanger said:
imo it depends on the functionality...if you already have a dslr for the important/special functions or occasions, you just need a mobile camera for casual/simple/on-the-spot usage; i think any high end phone like the galaxy flagships or the iphone would suffice?

My phone cam played a very important role when my car got banged from behind on the PIE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.