iPhone 4S is announced...

I think the iPhone 4 camera is pretty not bad itself. There is really no need for the upgrade to a 8mp version. The dual core processor and Siri is very tempting but I'll wait still. Will get the S II first. :)

Actually, I am disappointed what apple did. They took 16 months to upgrade 4S. And also, no major changes.

I think siri also beta version. Still have to improve. I want to buy 4S. But afraid to happen like 3GS and 4.

curious to know why the name is very funny.

lenrek said:
The new slogan, be an ass, buy an iPhone for(4) ass(S). LOLx...

Just joking la... Haha...

Let's look at the pricing 1st.

I don't see any urge for iPhone4 users to upgrade.
The main different iPhone 4S:
1. 8MP camera
2. Maybe slightly faster CPU.

Sounds like they're trying to catch up to Android - Google voice is already very powerful and capable of most of that (but not the calendar integration i think), and the "new" notification bar in IOS5 is copied straight from Android.

"Innovation" - I'm sure they've heard of it.

2 more things: standby hours reduce from 300hours to 200hours.
and max capacity of RAM 64GB

Last edited:
I am iPhone 4 user and it will be great if can upgrade the spec to 4s, but bigger mp means bigger size if each file, so storage and file transfer is a headache.

Sounds like they're trying to catch up to Android - Google voice is already very powerful and capable of most of that (but not the calendar integration i think), and the "new" notification bar in IOS5 is copied straight from Android.

well... but the Apple fanboys will ooh and ahh over it so much and claim that Android ripped their precious Apple iOS off

In the past, Innovation = Research & Development (R&D)
now, R&D = Rob & Duplicate...

well... but the Apple fanboys will ooh and ahh over it so much and claim that Android ripped their precious Apple iOS off

At the apple developer conference, when they showed off the android-like notification bar on iOS5, the crowd erupted in cheering, as if they had just seen a miracle.

There are three battles being fought.
1) Technology. As a purely technology battle, iPhone has lost to Android. However, the business battlefield is littered with the corpses of companies with fantastic technology.

2) System. When it comes to the system (phone + apps), the battle is much closer. There is a reason why 90% of smart phones sold in Singapore is an iPhone.

3) Distribution. This battle was the key reason why Apple had to rush the iPhone 4S out quickly. a) the iPhone 3GS will now be free with a contract. b) the iPhone 4S will now be able to be sold in every carrier around the world. The introduction of the iPhone 4S is actually more about the introduction of a free iPhone (the 3GS), and a 'universal iPhone' (the 4S). The iPhone 4S is not about Technology nor System.

2) System. When it comes to the system (phone + apps), the battle is much closer. There is a reason why 90% of smart phones sold in Singapore is an iPhone.

Actually I'd say that's squarely due to the brand mentality and kiasu attitude, plus heavy telco subsidies. Locals don't want to be "left behind" if their peers are getting iPhones and since Apple is a "cool" brand they want it, like LV bags, etc...

When you recontract, you may need to top up 200-300 for a samsung/SE phone, but the iPhone4 is free, even if it actually costs more. So it's a no-brainer to get the iPhone4 instead.