iPhone 4 Vs HTC Evo

HAHAHHAHHA! I watched this yesterday and it still cracks me up!

so funny. Unfortunately, Evo runs on CDMA. If ever, I'll get this phone as it can grant 3 wishes :bsmilie:

Yeah, quite sad that some of the fastest and most powerful Android phones are on the bloody CDMA network...

good stuff... bloody hilarious :bsmilie:

Yeah, quite sad that some of the fastest and most powerful Android phones are on the bloody CDMA network...

That's not sad at all. In fact, EVO 4G is on my carrier's network. ;) :) The bad thing is that at US$200, it's not going to be one for me. Maybe, by the time they've covered more cities and they have less power-hungry 4G connections, I'll be ready.

Sad about the video being so Android-one-sided, but it's funny anyway. I still don't see how they sell so many phones when AT&T has such a lousy network that it's difficult to make uninterrupted calls.

That's not sad at all. In fact, EVO 4G is on my carrier's network. ;) :) The bad thing is that at US$200, it's not going to be one for me. Maybe, by the time they've covered more cities and they have less power-hungry 4G connections, I'll be ready.

Sad about the video being so Android-one-sided, but it's funny anyway. I still don't see how they sell so many phones when AT&T has such a lousy network that it's difficult to make uninterrupted calls.

Actually the sad fact is that you are forced to sign up for data plan when you activate the phone(i think this is true for most carriers)... Whats even worse is that I live in an area where wifi is everywhere... :(

Can't be helped. My HTC Evo functions like iPod Touch since there's no 4G(CDMA) support. :bsmilie:

Actually the sad fact is that you are forced to sign up for data plan when you activate the phone(i think this is true for most carriers)... Whats even worse is that I live in an area where wifi is everywhere... :(

Where you live is much different. I can rarely find a place with free WiFi. The data plan is reasonably priced and I tether the computer also so this is some additional cost but I can use my phone for the same price in this huge country and get a good 3G signal in most areas I go. I've been doing this since 2006. Besides, using public WiFi is almost asking for someone to interact with your computer to look for valuable data.

Since the carrier now has WiMAX (4G) data connections, it's all the better if you happen to live in such an area. That EVO 4G supports 8 external devices over WiFi, which sounds good to me. Of course, battery life will be gone before your game is done if you have 4 people connected to it.

well... i'm still usign htc hd2. the day will come where hd2 triumphs again! once the ppl at xda-dev finally solved the porting issues and we get linux on the phone. EAT ANDRIOD!

OH GREAT NEWS! MAJOR BREAK THROUGH ON THE XDA SIDE.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=651632
the last i checked was here
06/21/2010 same cpu crash on s200 - the problem is not specific to leo
and then it was this...
06/28/2010 Android is working. It was very simple problem with a missing configuration setting in the kernel which is fixed now.

guess wad?
06/30/2010 First version of Ubuntu for HD2 released in the Build section

:D!!!!!!!!! ANDRIOD IS COMING! eta, 1-2 more months i think:D

And they just rooted the X10 as well... Froyo, here I come. :)

well... i'm still usign htc hd2. the day will come where hd2 triumphs again! once the ppl at xda-dev finally solved the porting issues and we get linux on the phone. EAT ANDRIOD!

I'm running android on an old SE X1 I have lying around. ;)

07/01/2010 android with sense for HD2 in Build section
GG