Ipad Live view with DSLR camera

SimpleKai

Jan 6, 2010
Earth
Dear photographers,

I would like to check with you guyz
Is there any function or program that allows DSLR to import the picture into iPad immediately right after i took the picture, for me to review the picture immediately?

Example the iPad will be connected to DSLR cam wired or wireless, Ipad will be in the liveview mode and once I take a shot with the DSLR cam, immediately there will be a picture review shown on the iPad.
So is this possible? if it is, do i need to buy any program or software or accessories

I seen the iPad Camera Connection Kit in apple store and thats not i wanted, as I dont want to plug in and there after i took the shots to review it.
I need to have the picture showed in the iPad immediately!!! :)

And having me searching answer on the goggle, i found this software call the onOne.
but this will onli let me control my DSLR camera through my iPhone/iPad, including LiveView which is not the software i am looking for
so i hope the program i desire do exists!

Thank you for your reading and reply :)

Hope to hear you guyz soon!

Last edited:
high level sia...

hmmm, too bad i got no pad...

I bought the iPad Camera Connection Kit online to connect the camera to the iPad. It took 4 days to delivery to me.

http://www.apple.com/sg/ipad/accessories/

There are 2 connector in the set. A USB and a SD card connector. I use the USB connector as 7D uses CF card. Once the camera is connected to the iPad, it will prompt you to import the pictures to the iPad.

Once loaded, you will be able to view it normally like any picture on the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Tikiman:
I seen the iPad Camera Connection Kit in apple store and thats not i wanted, as I dont want to plug in and there after i took the shots to review it.
I need to have the picture showed in the iPad immediately!!!

sabrewolf:
does the eye-fi card sold in sg ?
And what router does it needs ?
Any review from other photographers using iPad with this program/meathod?

Is yours a RAW file? If not do you know how it can read RAW files i.e. in my case NEF files.

I bought the iPad Camera Connection Kit online to connect the camera to the iPad. It took 4 days to delivery to me.

http://www.apple.com/sg/ipad/accessories/

There are 2 connector in the set. A USB and a SD card connector. I use the USB connector as 7D uses CF card. Once the camera is connected to the iPad, it will prompt you to import the pictures to the iPad.

Once loaded, you will be able to view it normally like any picture on the iPad.

Hope this helps.

Dear photographers,

Is there any function or program that allows DSLR to import the picture into iPad immediately right after i took the picture, for me to review the picture immediately?

anyway, this is not called "liveview", but tethering.

Yup looking for such a set-up as well... is this possible?

Would it be the same if your dslr is connected to a laptop with the eos software running? Click the mouse to snap a shot. Its liveview on the laptop screen.

this is NOT called liveview.

hmm..the images are still stored with the dslr's mem card. I meant to use the laptop screen for a bigger view vs the lcd on the dslr.

whats liveview by your definition?

hmm..the images are still stored with the dslr's mem card. I meant to use the laptop screen for a bigger view vs the lcd on the dslr.

whats liveview by your definition?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_preview

what you are referring to (shooting image, and having it appear on iPad for viewing), is tethering

check with willy foo. he has such a setup i think

his setup uses wifi. meaning the cam has a wireless file transmitter and both the cam and ipad connected to the same wifi network. so once the cam takes a pic, it is displayed on the ipad immediately.

i was wondering doesn't the mac camera connection kit does the same? connect the ipad to the cam using the CCK and once the pic is taken, it will be displayed on the ipad immediately too.

his setup uses wifi. meaning the cam has a wireless file transmitter and both the cam and ipad connected to the same wifi network. so once the cam takes a pic, it is displayed on the ipad immediately.

i was wondering doesn't the mac camera connection kit does the same? connect the ipad to the cam using the CCK and once the pic is taken, it will be displayed on the ipad immediately too.
technically it is the same as using wifi. maybe no1 designed it as it is not as feasible due to restriction of moving the camera around freely with a wire attached.

Dear photographers,

Example the iPad will be connected to DSLR cam wired or wireless, Ipad will be in the liveview mode and once I take a shot with the DSLR cam, immediately there will be a picture review shown on the iPad.
So is this possible? if it is, do i need to buy any program or software or accessories

I need to have the picture showed in the iPad immediately!!! :)

And having me searching answer on the goggle, i found this software call the onOne.
but this will onli let me control my DSLR camera through my iPhone/iPad, including LiveView which is not the software i am looking for
so i hope the program i desire do exists!

Thank you for your reading and reply :)

Hope to hear you guyz soon!
You need to use a WFT type batterypack which sends the images wirelessly to your laptop/ipad.........

Most Canon cameras come with the software for tethering, it is on your disc.......called 'Camera Control' I think, I used it before and send the image to an iphone, and can trigger camera from the iphone

There is a small phone shop near Benphoto (shop that sells Benro tripods) inside groundfloor Peninsule Hotel shopping center that 2 weeks ago had a wifi SD card for sale, don't know about the price though.......

HS

Last edited: