iPad Challenger! Tounchpad

phoakm

Dec 15, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.flickr.com
I saw this product in the yesterday news. Went to do some research. The specifications outperformed Apple iPad. The good thing I like is USB ports and VGA output.

Is it available in Singapore?

[vid]7_1_ix4qP88[/vid]

Specification Details

Tounchpad B10

Last edited:
Now starting to look for those portable USB charge batteries. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

i don't know though, do apple batteries last? by last, i don't mean 10 hour battery life new. i'm talking about 3 months down the road with heavy usage, is it still going to be 10 hours? or 8? or 4? :bsmilie:

anyhow, i'm not an apple fan, as is clear.. i think eventually i will stick to a netbook. :lovegrin:

can't do without the good ol' keyboard, how to type fast and post fast on cs without keyboard??? :sweatsm:

:bsmilie:

i don't know though, do apple batteries last? by last, i don't mean 10 hour battery life new. i'm talking about 3 months down the road with heavy usage, is it still going to be 10 hours? or 8? or 4? :bsmilie:

anyhow, i'm not an apple fan, as is clear.. i think eventually i will stick to a netbook. :lovegrin:

can't do without the good ol' keyboard, how to type fast and post fast on cs without keyboard??? :sweatsm:

Batteries efficiency will drop due to long usage. That why need to change to new batteries if needed.

I also change from Apple to Window. Now carrying the Sony Z series over a year and still serve my daily shooting.

Agreed on the keyboard. I have clumsy fingers, even now having problem keying in text on my iPhone. :sweat:

The important thing is.. Is is much cheaper than the iPad.. If similar pricing.. not attractive at all.

as someone who actually owns an iPad, I can tell you it will be a long time before anyone catches up to the iPad. an atom processor is nowhere near being able to match the responsiveness of the iPad.

don't be fooled by those USB slots and whatnots...you won't need them with a tablet.that's what your laptop is for

i agree...the atom processor is crap...when i first got a netbook for my wife...after 1 week..i am sure i will want to sell it.....i told my wife to learn and use my mac instead.....

the responsiveness of the netbook certainly increase my blood pressure......if want to get a netbook..i rather buy a proper laptop with win os if you are not a fan of apple product.

as someone who actually owns an iPad, I can tell you it will be a long time before anyone catches up to the iPad. an atom processor is nowhere near being able to match the responsiveness of the iPad.

don't be fooled by those USB slots and whatnots...you won't need them with a tablet.that's what your laptop is for

i agree...the atom processor is crap...when i first got a netbook for my wife...after 1 week..i am sure i will want to sell it.....i told my wife to learn and use my mac instead.....

the responsiveness of the netbook certainly increase my blood pressure......if want to get a netbook..i rather buy a proper laptop with win os if you are not a fan of apple product.

Point noted. I think I still keep my Sony Z series. :)

If it costs more than the iPad.. I'll say, why bother.. If got money better spend on a quality product.. when pple buy an iPhone or iPad, they can reasonably expect some quality.. spending more money on an unknown brand.. what for.. To spend that kind of money, I'll probably trust Apple more..

But if it is something that is significantly cheaper than iPad.. then it'll be worth a serious look..

Sad to say it cost more than iPad around US$800 or more.

Last edited:
I'm completely put off by the 3 plus hours bat life... :thumbsd: that's the WHOLE reason why I don't like... (make that HATE) to carry laptops or the likes around... And that is why iPAD will succeed in this area... you can literally hang around under a shady tree in a nice garden to surf or read a e-book... WITHOUT EVER TRYING TO FIND IF THERE IS AN ELECTRIC OUTLET ON THE fridging TREE TRUNK!!!

Last edited:
There will be many many touchpads that will have specifications oudoing Ipad, including the upcoming Slate from Hp. That was also the case for Iphones, Ipods. There were many mp3 and phones that out-spec the Apple products too.

What really drives the demand for these apple products are the content available(in itunes) and product design, not the specifications.

I dont think there will be any iPad challenger for a long time. Not really a Mac supporter, but there is something about Apple that no one has yet to be able to challenge it.

For instance, anyone who have used a iphone will know what i mean. I am a SE person and I am always amaze with their phones. Recently took a iPhone and immediately the rest of the other phones feel outdated though most of them are more powerful and have better features than iPhone.

Last month i signed on a new phone, went for the "top of the range" Satio. Within 1 day I feel like throwing that Satio into the drain! Guess I am now stuck with the iPhone, and probably will get another one soon.

iPad, i will definitely get one, no doubt about it! :p